Share a new project

Help
spulci
2011-03-15
2013-04-06
  • spulci

spulci - 2011-03-15

Hallo,

I've always worked in environment where ClearCase project were shared for the first time by other team member. At the moment it's my first time for start sharing a project on ClearCase. While it was a fast operation using CVS or SVN under Eclipse, I'm having some problems with sharing a new project on ClearCase.
    Should I manually copy my workspace under my local ClearCase storage and telling Eclipse to use this location as a workspace for my project? After this shoud I associate the project with ClearCase proceeding with a massive checkout of all project's files?
    Sorry for this question but I need to get experience with CC.
    Meanwhile thanks for your plugin; i've got to uninstall the IBM version because under Eclipse 3.6 I can't find the way to open its perspective (and I'm not alone reading other forums).

Simon

• Rebecka

Rebecka - 2012-05-18

This would be a nice feature to have! Are there any plans to implement it in the future?

Can you elaborate on how to use 'clearfsimport'?

Rebecka

• Mikael Petterson

Hi,

Agree that iit would be a nice feature to have. We are 1-2 people development  and currently we have just migrated the project at sf to git. I am currently working on feature 3432763 External diff/merge tool support. If the intrest for this feature is big the i would deinitely consider doing that after I have finnished this.

Thanks for using the plugin.

//mike

• Mikael Petterson

clearfsimport takes a source from your filesystem and exports it to the vob destination. This is what I would use to implement this function.

br,

//mike