Menu

get message problem and signature issue

Help
2003-05-06
2003-05-19
  • Ludan Stoecklé

Ludan Stoecklé - 2003-05-06

Hello,

ebMail is a very interesting software, but I have some issues concerning it.

I can send messages without problem and then get them with a classic email software (cool well-made ebXML messages).
    Still I can't get any messages with ebMail. I try to send them to myself, ok, it sends well, I try to get the messages, ok, no error message, but nothing happens. I know that the messages have been taken from the server (they are not there anymore when I try to get them with another email software), but I can't find them.
    Where are they ? Where's the Inbox ?

Oh yes, I also can't sign. I've built a keystore and put certificates & secret keys inside, the file is well parsed by ebMail. Still when I try to sign, there's no error message, but finally nothing is sent.

• Bob Koon

Bob Koon - 2003-05-09

In ebMail, there is no concept of inbox and outbox. The reason of it is that the messages received and sent should be under the same thread. Therefore, all the message should be shown in the All Messages box.
      Please note that the same message will not be received if it is on the "All Messages" box. That means if you use ebMail to send the message to your same account, you cannot receive it because the message is stored when you sent out, and this message is duplicated with the message you received.
      For the signing problem, I may have to do some checking.

Regards,
      Bob Koon

• Bob Koon

Bob Koon - 2003-05-09

I am sorry that I forget to mention on documents that in order to run the signing of the ebMail successfully, you have to do fix on the JRE for the xalan.jar. Please have a look on:
      http://xml.apache.org/xalan-j/faq.html#faq-N100CB
      to find the way to patch the JSDK to solve the problem. We encourage to solve the problem through creating "endorsed" directory.

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2003-05-19

Ok, thank you very much for this help. Concerning the concepts of inbox/outbox everything is clear to me now. I'll try to do some tests using two different mailboxes, it will be more significative.
      About the signature thanks too, I'll try to fix it as soon as possible.

Best regards,
      Ludan Stoeckl.