Menu

Suggestions for DVDStyler

Help
JoeJoe
2013-11-01
2014-05-11
  • JoeJoe

JoeJoe - 2013-11-01

Hi. I would like to give some suggestions for the amazing program, DVDStyler. The first is the ability to select more than one title on the titleset manager and to have the option to delete the selected titles all at once. This could be done by holding the Ctrl button on the keyboard while selecting the titles. When right clicking the selected titles, there could be a Delete option which deletes the selected titles all at once. This could be useful when having 20 titles or more, but yet wanting to delete selected titles at the same time. It could also save time and be quicker than deleting a title one by one.

(The following suggestion might not be possible, but It'll be nice if it could be done.)

The second is the ability to have text and text button transitions. For text objects, this can be done by adding a subheading called Transitions in the Properties box (the box when right clicking text on the menu and selecting Properties). Under the subheading, there could be a box where you can select a transition (For example, a Fade-in transition), a box where you can set the duration of the transition, and a check box which a person can select if they only want the transition to happen the first time they play the disc. For text buttons, it could have the same options as the text objects, but with a start time box where you can put in the time the button should be enabled (be able to be selected). When a transition is selected (For example, Fade-in), and you press OK, you will see the opacity of the text or text button gradually increase in the actual DVD or ISO. When the transition is done, the text object and text button will be at its full opacity and the text button will be able to be selected. This feature will not only make DVDs look more professional, it will also make the program even better. Thank you for reading this post and for making an amazing and intuitive program.

JoeJoe

• JoeJoe

JoeJoe - 2014-04-24

Last edit: 2014-04-24

• Edward

Edward - 2014-05-11

Well, I like the idea of multiselecting titles. Maybe even try to implement a drag box to select a large selection.

As for the button transitions, it might be possible in some way... This, however, would require DVDStyler to generate multiple copies of the menu in questions. It would make the main menu where all the buttons are at their peak, then make a copy where the buttons fade in and allow for selection after a particular time (should be possible if I understand the spumux manual correctly), and possibly a 3rd where the buttons fade out after choosing an option.

I did this manually once. I actually made 3 main menus. One where the whole menu faded in (but couldn't time the buttons) and continued its animation. After its animation it jumped to another identical menu where there were no fades, but just looped. And the 3rd was in a way connected to the end credits of the video, which jumped to the 2nd menu once it was done.

If the transitions are too hard to implement into DVDStyler, then you will have to make the transitions manually in a video editor, split them as you need, and make transition videos (titles or menus) that jump to the appropriate menus/titles afterwards.

/Edward