No navigation buttons work and no 1080 choice

Help
Jon Cook
2022-04-05
2022-04-07
  • Jon Cook

Jon Cook - 2022-04-05

Hi All,
    First time user for DVDStyler. I am familiar with basic DVD authoring using DVD Studio Pro on the Mac, but I an struggling using DVDStyler. I have looked through this forum and found some with the same issues, and have tried their solutions, but have not worked, or I already had it set up like was suggested. I am on a new MacBook Pro with the M1 Max processor and Monterey OS. I am wondering if there are compatibility issues still. Using the latest public release of 3.2.1. I see several issues that I can't resolve.

Once I build the menu page and set the targets, the buttons just appear as a standard graphic without any action associated to it when I preview it. Looking at the properties of the buttons, it "looks" like the targets are correctly set. I have watched a number of youtube videos and have copied step by step just to see if I can get active buttons but it never works. I have tried it with the VLC preview, using the Mac DVD player, as well as burning the DVD and trying to play it. As a test I put an audio on the landing menu and that will automatically play that I can listen to, but none of the buttons are active. My buttons are going to two different locations. One being an additional sub menu and one directly to a video to play. Looking at the back of the DVD it is easy to see that lots of date has been burned, so I am sure the linked videos are included in the rendering. Plus, I have a choice on my remote for the desktop DVD player to navigate directly to pictures/videos on the disc and bypass the DVD navigation and play directly that way, and the videos are available.

The other issue is I only have 720 x 480 available for me. I have seen posts how to choose 1080, but that is not a choice I have in my drop downs in the 3.2.1 build on the Mac. Are there different build features between the Mac and Windows environments?

I can't help but think it's something (probably fairly obvious) but I am just not seeing a solution to either one.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am definitely scratching my head today. LOL!
    Thanks!

• Jon Cook

Jon Cook - 2022-04-07

Looks like my problems have been solved with installing 3.1 DVDStyler. Still don't see the 1080 choice, but the buttons now work on this version. Here is the direct link to 3.1 for those that may be experiencing these same issues.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/dvdstyler/files/dvdstyler/3.1/DVDStyler-3.1-MacOSX.dmg/download