Menu

Failed Burn leads to Corrupted File?

Help
2022-08-08
2022-08-09
  • Travis Heermann

Travis Heermann - 2022-08-08

I'm new to using DVDStyler. I'm using it to make a DVD for a short horror-comedy film.

For Special Features, I want to include the trailer and 77 short videos that we made as Thank Yous for our financial backers.

I set up the menus as shown in the screenshot. The five submenus in Titleset 3 are an alphabetized list of all the individual videos, plus a Play All button. I set up those menus and everything seemed to be fine.

Then I hit BURN, asking for a Preview and an ISO file. The export FAILED on the last menu. Here's the log.

Generating menu 8 of 8
    Create menu MPEG
    Frame count of menu: 15
    Multiplexing subpictures into mpeg
    Menu has 2 group(s) of changeable colours.
    Executing command: spumux -P -s 0 "C:\Users\travi\AppData\Local\Temp\dvd-tmp\menu3-4.mpg_spumux.xml"
    DVDAuthor::spumux, version 0.7.2.
    Build options: gnugetopt iconv freetype fribidi fontconfig
    Send bug reports to dvdauthor-users@lists.sourceforge.net
    INFO: no default video format, must explicitly specify NTSC or PAL
    INFO: PNG had 1 colors
    INFO: PNG had 7 colors
    INFO: Pickbuttongroups, success with 2 groups, useimg=1
    INFO: 0 bytes of data written
    INFO: 24576 bytes of data written
    INFO: 47104 bytes of data written
    INFO: 71680 bytes of data written
    INFO: 94208 bytes of data written
    INFO: Found EOF in .sub file.
    INFO: Max_sub_size=8184
    INFO: 126976 bytes of data written
    INFO: 1 subtitles added, 0 subtitles skipped, stream: 32, offset: 0.53
    Menu has 2 group(s) of changeable colours.
    Executing command: spumux -P -s 1 "C:\Users\travi\AppData\Local\Temp\dvd-tmp\menu3-4.mpg_spumux.xml"
    DVDAuthor::spumux, version 0.7.2.
    Build options: gnugetopt iconv freetype fribidi fontconfig
    Send bug reports to dvdauthor-users@lists.sourceforge.net
    INFO: no default video format, must explicitly specify NTSC or PAL
    INFO: PNG had 2 colors
    INFO: Pickbuttongroups, success with 2 groups, useimg=0
    Assertion failed!
    Program: C:\Program Files\DVDStyler\bin\spumux.exe
    File: subgen-image.c, Line 900
    Expression: useimg
    Failed

I tried removing this eighth menu, and the export proceeded without a problem, so therefore I thought the problem probably was in that last menu somewhere.

So, I put the eighth menu back in. But then I discovered that several of the text buttons no longer worked. Anytime I clicked or double-clicked on them, the entire program crashed. This seems to consistently happen in the area of the screen that I circled in the screenshot, and has now spread to all five of those menus.

I have tried saving the project with different names, but the problem seems to be migrating now to other menus. When I click on various buttons, they first turn out to be uneditable, and then the program crashes.

I need some help here.

Last edit: Travis Heermann 2022-08-08
  • Travis Heermann

Travis Heermann - 2022-08-09

Turns out this might be a bug.

When I was initially constructing these menus, I received an error message saying that only a maximum of 18 buttons was allowed in a given menu, so I kept it 18.

Trying to troubleshoot this, I reconstructed the whole menu system from scratch, and got a DIFFERENT error message saying that only 12 buttons are allowed in a menu.

So I kept it to 12, and it seems to be working fine.

• Travis Heermann

Travis Heermann - 2022-08-09

Turns out this might be a bug.

When I was initially constructing these menus, I received an error message saying that only a maximum of 18 buttons was allowed in a given menu, so I kept it 18.

Trying to troubleshoot this, I reconstructed the whole menu system from scratch, and got a DIFFERENT error message saying that only 12 buttons are allowed in a menu.

So I kept it to 12, and it seems to be working fine.

• JMJ

JMJ - 2022-08-09

Maximum number of buttons on an SD-based DVD 4:3 menu: 36
    Maximum number of buttons on an SD-based DVD 16:9 menu: 18, unless Pan Scan & Letterbox is selected, which then sets the maximum to 12

Cheers