Menu

Vidoes not displaying full screen

Help
2021-11-29
2021-12-01
  • Morgan Gosling

Morgan Gosling - 2021-11-29

Hi folks

I hope you can help. I am creating a compilation video and a few of them are not displaying full screen (they seem to have black borders around all sides). The source files do display full screen when viewed individually and they are the same heioght as the other files that do display OK. Interestingly the ones that do display fine are all 4:3 and the troublesome ones are all either 16:9 or 2.35:1. I have no idea what is going on. I have tried using Handbrake to resize the files, but this has had no effect.

• peate9

peate9 - 2021-11-30

First decide on the format you want . 4.3 or 16.9. Put that in the options for the project, and if you're always using it, put it in the settings page as well. This is where things get weird. If the first video you load in Styler is 4.3 ratio, the program will assume that's the default and will change it. This will create black borders. You can see it if you go into the properties of the video, right click on the thumbnail in the timeline. Click on the tool icon and you can see the source and destination formats. Change it if needed and you will see the black border in the preview window. Move the cursor if it's just black.

Untick the keep aspect ratio button and you will see the difference. Those borders are to keep the picture looking normal.

👍
    • Morgan Gosling

Morgan Gosling - 2021-12-01

Thanks that sorted it! It isn't somewhere I would have thought to check (obviously!) So I bow to your kung-fu skills. DVD burned and I can put that project to bed now.

👍
  • JMJ

JMJ - 2021-11-30

Maybe see this

DVDStyler - aspect basics
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDzosOKd3PU

Cheers