Menu

DVD Styler First Project: Playback Prohibited by Area Limitations"

Help
2023-03-25
2023-03-26
  • Ivars Bezdechi

Ivars Bezdechi - 2023-03-25

I successfully burned my first project with DVDStyler.

When I wanted to check playback, it worked correctly on my PC (Windows 10), but when I attempted to do playback on a conventional DVD player, I got the error "PLAYBACK PROHIBITED BY AREA LIMITATIONS."

I went into the prefs and settings and did not see if there was a control selection for DVD zones, which seems to be the prolblem playing back my project authored here in the United States.

• peate9

peate9 - 2023-03-25

Look in DVD Styler, there are two settings to check.
    In the DVD menu, you choose your defaults for disc capacity, bitrate and video format, PAL or NTSC. In the Configuration menu under Settings, you get the same choices, plus settings for audio and other parameters.

If your preferences are NTSC and you load a PAL video, Styler will ask if you want want to convert. I don't think you can have both formats on the same DVD.

• Ivars Bezdechi

Ivars Bezdechi - 2023-03-26

Did this...

On Mar 25, 2023 at 16:36, peate9 peate9@users.sourceforge.net wrote:

Look in DVD Styler, there are two settings to check.
      In the DVD menu, you choose your defaults for disc capacity, bitrate and video format, PAL or NTSC. In the Configuration menu under Settings, you get the same choices, plus settings for audio and other parameters.

If your preferences are NTSC and you load a PAL video, Styler will ask if you want want to convert. I don't think you can have both formats on the same DVD.

DVD Styler First Project: Playback Prohibited by Area Limitations"

Sent from sourceforge.net because you indicated interest in https://sourceforge.net/p/dvdstyler/discussion/318795/

To unsubscribe from further messages, please visit https://sourceforge.net/auth/subscriptions/