Menu

No front end provided after burning

Help
2022-02-11
2022-03-03
  • Michael D. O'Connor

I successfully (I thought) burned my video to the DVD using DVDStyler (vs 3.2.1), but the front end (see attached photo) didn't show up. What am I doing wrong here? The video starts up automatically instead of showing the front end first with the "Play DVD" button. Then you play the video after you click it.

• Michael D. O'Connor

I created an ISO image first through DVDStyler, than burned the ISO to DVD using ImgBurn.

• Michael D. O'Connor

Here is the DVDStyler log file, there is an error that occurred at the end. This should help if relevant.

• JMJ

JMJ - 2022-02-12

Could you attach your project fiile (.dvds) to a post.

Cheers

• Michael D. O'Connor

I would post it, but problem's solved. The culprit was incorrect configuration. I found a previously generated project file from 2018, opened it and found what's missing from my current project file (attached).

Last edit: Michael D. O'Connor 2022-02-13
  • Michael D. O'Connor

I wonder if there are program alternatives out there that can take input front end photos like this one can? I think DVDStyler is years old (at least a decade), judging from the (now outdated!) poor documentation.

• JMJ

JMJ - 2022-02-14

*I wonder if there are program alternatives out there that can take input front end photos like this one can? *

There is AVStoDVD.

I think DVDStyler is years old

And I think you're wrong :-) The current version 3.2.1 is from 2021-11-19 with the coming version 3.3 currently in a beta version. And since version 2.0 from 2011-10-23 (a decade) I count 41 versions

Cheers

• Michael D. O'Connor

Okay, will try AVStoDVD. DVDStyler highest video resolution is limited to 720x480, that's indicative of how old it is, but it's good that it's still being written--albeit better documentation is still wanting, which is another indicator of age.

Last edit: Michael D. O'Connor 2022-03-02
    • peate9

peate9 - 2022-03-03

Wrong again, maybe you should just stop.

Last edit: peate9 2022-03-03