Menu

Menu Play Button

Help
2022-08-05
2022-08-07
  • Steven Roberts

Steven Roberts - 2022-08-05

Hi,

I am overlooking something obvious, please help.

I want to create a DVD, with a single play button on a menu that will play a single video and at the end return to the manu, as basic as it could be.

I created this and burned a DVD ISO, tested on a PC can could not get it to play. Tried it to a real DVD and tested in a XBox DVD player, but when you select the play button (the only one on the menu) the DVD just exited rather than playing the video.

I have attached a screen shot.

Please help

Steve.

• JMJ

JMJ - 2022-08-05

Attach your dvdstyler.log from your Temp directory folder together with your project file, .dvds

Cheers

• Steven Roberts

Steven Roberts - 2022-08-06

Please find attached

• Steven Roberts

Steven Roberts - 2022-08-06

Please find attached

Last edit: Steven Roberts 2022-08-06
  • JMJ

JMJ - 2022-08-07

I have recreated your project but fail to reproduce the behaviour you describe.

I'm on a Windows system and put your two assets in E:\DVDStyler\Forum\Steven Roperts if that matters.

Cheers

• Steven Roberts

Steven Roberts - 2022-08-07

I am using Mac but guess its the same

• Steven Roberts

So to update I just tried a new project, selected a template and added 1 video. No other changes from standard. Created ISO and opened in VLC. NOTHING HAPPENS

However, I then did the same thing as above on a PC.
    The ISO in VLC now has selection bottons on the menu (Things are animated) and I can play a video.

So 100% the problem is with styler on a Mac M1.

• Steven Roberts

A further test.
    Created a iso on the Mac Mini M1, would not play in VLC, Would not play in VLC on a PC!

Created an iso on a PC, Plays in VLC on the PC and plays in VLC on the MAC!

So Its an issue with a Mac Minin M1 and Styler unable to create usable ISO's.

• peate9

peate9 - 2022-08-07

You could try to: " Just generate" in the burn dialogue, then take the resulting folders AUDIO.TS and VIDEO.TS and make an ISO with another program. There seems to be many:https://macdownload.informer.com/iso-make-pro/

• Steven Roberts

When I test in VLC it does not work, this is before I create the ISO

Last edit: Steven Roberts 2022-08-07
  • Steven Roberts

Now seen some more posts relating to the M1 and my issues. I have download version 3.1 from the web site and tried creating again on the Mac M1 and all appears to work fine.