Menu

Trouble with button going between multiple titleset menus

Help
2021-12-09
2021-12-10
  • Scott P. Kohrherr

Hello! First of all, I'd like to say what a great program this is to use! I'm very new to DVD creation, and I tried a few other programs, and I've found that DVDStyler is by far the easiest and most intuitive to operate, so a big Thank You to all involved.

The only glitch that I have encountered so far that I haven't been able to resolve is regarding buttons that I have created that I intend to use to jump from one titleset menu to another. For instance, in Titleset 1 menu, which houses the main titles, I have placed a button that would jump to the Titleset 2 menu, which has some deleted scenes. Conversely, on the Titleset 2 menu, I have a button that would jump to the Titleset 1 menu.

Despite all that I have done, I just cannot seem to get these buttons to work. When I go to burn/preview, I'll select that button, and my viewer (VLC Media) will immediately crash and stop the preview.

All other buttons work fine ("Home", individual titles, buttons on the VMGM menu); it's just when I set these buttons properties to "jump to: titleset x menu1, it will crash my viewer during preview. (Subsequently, I haven't burned any discs yet. Also, I have enabled "create jumppads" in DVD Options.)

Not the most burning issue, granted, but it would be nice to be able to solve this if anyone has any insight into this. I searched the forums and saw someone else with the same issue, but it didn't seem to have a definitive answer.

I've attached the project file in question in case that would help.

Thanks in advance for helping out this newbie!

• peate9

peate9 - 2021-12-10

VLC is terrible for DVD playback. I can make it crash at will with any DVDStyler made project. I looked at yours, all buttons are OK.
    I bet it works fine in a REAL dvd player. Try it with Power DVD.

• Scott P. Kohrherr

Thanks so much for taking the time to look at my project file. You were absolutely spot on with this! I went ahead and made a disc anyway as I have discs to burn (!), popped it in my DVD player, and those buttons worked perfectly. I hadn't even considered that the problem could have been with the player on my computer (I only really use it to convert files, and even still don't use it all that much.).

Peate9, thanks so much again for your helpful advice!

👍