Menu

Multiplayer - Not the same game

Help
2016-02-18
2016-02-19
  • Lazarus Murmure

Lazarus Murmure - 2016-02-18

Hello,

I've got a problem that i don't understand.
    We are trying to play in multiplayer to this game in LAN.

We haven't the same thing as if every player play against IA. We got the same buildings on map but we haven't the same screen.
    For example, i've got destroyed his base but on his screen, he was still alive.

I think when the first unit is attacked, it's even if IA take control of the units players.

Can you help me or explain me ?

Thanks

• RichieQ

RichieQ - 2016-02-18

Yes, that's a know problem.

Basically Dune Legacy calculates all game logics in a multiplayer game on all involved computers simultaneously. Therefore all calculations have to yield the same results.

Unfortunately this is harder to achieve than what one might expect. Especially floating-point operations may give different results depending on
    - the cpu the game is run on, e.g. AMD or Intel CPUs
    - the compiler and compiler flags used for generating the executable
    - the cpu architecture the game is compiled for (x86 vs. x64)

Thus to answer your question it would be neccessary to have more information: Which executable did you use? Are you using the same on both machines? What CPUs do these machines have? What Operation Systems do they run?

To remedy this problem in the future we have already switched to fix-point operations in trunk. Hopefully this resolves most of the async problems in multiplayer.

• Lazarus Murmure

Lazarus Murmure - 2016-02-19

Well,

First, we have a PC wich run on Win X et another in W7.

Where can i see the CPU's and Opération System ?
    I don't understand "the compiler and compiler flags used". What is it ? (i'm french and not a genius in pc :-)

I think he's x32 et me x64.

Do the game have a logging file that i could bring to you ?