Menu

NullPointerException

Help
2007-05-04
2012-07-19
  • Nobody/Anonymous

I'm seeing lot's of NullPointerExceptions in the log:

17:00:00,128 [CompareWorker:1:] WARN net.za.grasser.duplicate.compare.CompareWorker - Could not compute the fingerprint!
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    at java.util.concurrent.LinkedBlockingQueue.extract(LinkedBlockingQueue.java:137)
    at java.util.concurrent.LinkedBlockingQueue.take(LinkedBlockingQueue.java:365)
    at net.za.grasser.duplicate.compare.Comparer.removeFirst(Comparer.java:226)
    at net.za.grasser.duplicate.compare.CompareWorker.process(CompareWorker.java:104)
    at net.za.grasser.duplicate.compare.CompareWorker.run(CompareWorker.java:126)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

• Alexander Grasser

It's not necessary to go to 1.6, but I can see no reason why you should be getting a NPE at that point. To me it looks like the processing queue got corrupted. You might try to uninstall Java completely and then reinstalling 1.5.0_10. I will build in extra checks which will be available in the next version.

• Alexander Grasser

Hi

I need more information.
      Can you please send a complete log (zipped) file to my sourceforge user.

Thanks

• Nobody/Anonymous

The 500mb log file, which I've already deleted, only contained the recurring NullPointerException. Nothing different at the end of the file.

• Alexander Grasser

Which version of the Java Runtime are you using? Can you try to upgrade and then run the program again?

• Nobody/Anonymous

I'm using 1.5. Do I need 1.6?