Menu

Please post the build instructions for building the DReaM source code in Ubuntu.

2017-05-22
2017-05-22
  • Dominic Antony

Dominic Antony - 2017-05-22

Hi All,

Since the website "drm.sourceforge.net" is not working now, could someone please post the instructions to build the source code in Ubuntu. Any help or guidance is greatly appreciated.

Thanks & Regards
    Dominic

• Nagasai Boppudi

Nagasai Boppudi - 2017-05-26

Hi, Please follow the script provided in the file attached. It will work.

Last edit: Nagasai Boppudi 2017-05-29
    • Dominic Antony

Dominic Antony - 2017-05-29

Hi Nagasai..Thanks alot for your response. But are you sure the instructions you have given works without fail?
      Because After building the source code, when I run the dream executable, I get the following error

dream: error while loading shared libraries: libfaad_drm.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Could you please help me clear this issue.

Best Regards
      Dominic

Last edit: Dominic Antony 2017-05-31
    • Dominic Antony

Dominic Antony - 2017-05-31

Hi Nagasai

I followed the instructions given in the file (dream_install.sh) you provided, but still I get the similar error but different file it seems.

"dream: error while loading shared libraries: libfaad.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"

May I ask which location the error is refering to? Which is the location the said file is not present?

Have you successfully built the source code in Ubuntu by following the instructions in the file you shared?

Is there any other additional steps required that you may have probably missed to list out.

• Julian Cable

Julian Cable - 2017-06-05

libfaad_drm.so.2 is part of the package libfaad2. https://packages.debian.org/sid/amd64/libfaad2/filelist
    This package is in Ubuntu Universe https://packages.ubuntu.com/xenial/amd64/libfaad2/filelist

If dream has problems finding it, copy it into the same folder the dream executable is in.

Note that you should no-longer build libfaad from source and that libfaad.so.2 is not DRM compatible you need libfaad_drm.so.2.

I suggest uninstalling any libfaad built from source. Don't install libfaad-dev. If you do you will get libfaad linked in to dream whereas if you only have libfaad2 dream should find it using late binding.

This build script should work to make a dream receiver:

#!/bin/bash

# 1. Install required dependencies
    sudo apt -y install g++ unzip make qt4-dev-tools automake libtool libtool-bin libqtwebkit-dev libqt5webkit5-dev libpulse-dev libhamlib-dev libfftw3-dev libqwt-dev libsndfile1-dev libfaad2

# 2. Build and install Dream

wget http://downloads.sourceforge.net/drm/dream-2.1.1-svn808.tar.gz
    tar zxf dream-2.1.1-svn808.tar.gz
    cd dream
    qmake
    make
    sudo cp dream /usr/local/bin/dream

If you want to transmit you will need FAAC as descripted in the other build script.

Last edit: Julian Cable 2017-06-05