Filed on behalf of Joseph Austin
I've recently switched from Windows to Mac. I'm using Dr. Java 20100816 on a Mac OSX 10.6 Snow Leopard.
I'm encountering some problems relating to the file structure on the Mac, which doesn't seem to have drive letters.
(the texts and examples I have are for windows systems).
1. I can't seem to use my flash drive, either for source or for data files, from inside Dr. Java;
the only disk I can see in the selector box on the open window is the "Macintosh HD"
2. Can I put data files for File IO in a directory other than the "Working" directory? How?
3. Can I create packages in Dr. Java?
When I include a package statement, I keep getting errors saying the package name does not match the directory name.
4. What is the relationship between the Dr.Java Project and the Java Package?
Specifically, how do I set the project properties to fit in with my com.domain.xx.yy.zz package directory?
5. Are there any books or documentation specifically addressing Dr Java (or just Java in general) on the Mac?
Thanks for your help,