In revisions 5225-5227, the Java Language Levels were changed.
From now on, there is only one Language Level called dj, which was the result of combining and modifying dj0 and dj1. The dj2 Language Level has been eliminated (it currently copies the unmodified text from a dj2 file to a java file).
The new Language Level facility can still compile dj0 and dj1 files as dj files. Compiling dj2 files may be broken.
In this feature request, I want to keep track of what we need to do to properly support the new Java Language Levels:
1. Change all file dialogs to open *.java, *.dj0, *.dj1, *.d2 and the new *.dj files.
2. When a *.dj0 or *.dj1 file is opened, the user should be asked if he or she wants to rename the file to *.dj
3. When a *.dj2 file is opened, the user should be asked if he or she wants to rename the file to *.java
4. The diagram and explanation of the Language Levels in the documentation needs to be updated.
5. The Language Levels menu needs to be changed to just "Full Java" and "Simplified Java" or something like that.
6. Since *.dj2 files do not have the line number table anymore, they open the *.java file now. This needs to be fixed.
If I have forgotten anything, please add to the list in a comment.
If you fixed one of these problems, please write what item has been addressed.