create a new testing drbl-live iso

DRBL Live
chuck
2016-03-09
2017-06-01
1 2 > >> (Page 1 of 2)
  • chuck

chuck - 2016-03-09

Hi Steven, it has been 3 months since the last testing drbl-live so can you create a new testing drbl-live iso? Thanks!

• Steven Shiau

Steven Shiau - 2016-03-12

@chuck,
    Thanks for the request. It's uploaded in the testing branch, 2.4.5-18:
    http://drbl.org/download/
    Actually we create drbl-live very often, however, no time to test. If you are willing to help doing the tests, please let me know so that we can come out a better model to release drbl live more often.

Steven

• chuck

chuck - 2016-03-18

Hi Steven
    Thanks for releasing the latest DRBL Live iso. I try to only use the testing branch of both Clonezilla and DRBL live here at our school so I would be glad to continue to report results back to you. I would like to see DRBL Live updates released as often as Clonezilla if possible so please let me know how I can help you get this done.
    Chuck

• Steven Shiau

Steven Shiau - 2016-03-20

Hi Chuck,
    I could upload weekly or biweekly release on the unstable release branch, and which might be totally not tested here. If you can, testi it after we upload it and report if it works or not. That will be very helpful.

Steven

• chuck

chuck - 2016-03-23

Hi Steven
    Sure, I can test the unstable drbl-live each week and report back to you. I appreciate your team's hard work on Clonzilla and DRBL.
    Chuck

• chuck

chuck - 2016-03-29

Hi Steven
    I used the latest drbl-live-xfce-2.4.5-19-amd64.iso today to do a PXE multicast restore to 4 PCs and it worked great. No problems found.
    Chuck

• Steven Shiau

Steven Shiau - 2016-03-31

HI chuck,
    Cool! Thanks for the report. This is awesome and that makes us have more confidence to release stable one more often. We will keep updating in the testing release and once it's mature, we will move that to stable one.

Steven

• chuck

chuck - 2016-04-02

Hi Steven
    I tested the latest drbl-live-xfce-2.4.5-21-amd64.iso today and ran a PXE multicast restore to 4 notebook PCs and it worked great. No problems found. Good work!
    Chuck

• Steven Shiau

Steven Shiau - 2016-04-02

Cool! Thanks for reporting this.

Steven

• chuck

chuck - 2016-04-06

Hi Steven
    I tested the latest drbl-live-xfce-2.4.5-22-amd64.iso today and ran a KMS PXE
    multicast restore from a local USB drive to 2 notebook PCs and it worked great.
    No problems found.
    Chuck

• Steven Shiau

Steven Shiau - 2016-04-10

Hi Chuck,
    Great. Thanks for the periodical tests and reports.
    Appreciate.

Steven

• chuck

chuck - 2016-04-18

Hi Steven
    I tested the latest drbl-live-xfce-2.4.5-23-amd64.iso today and ran a KMS PXE beginner multicast restore from a local USB drive to 3 notebook PCs. It worked great even though I used a different switch, image and PCs than the last set of tests. No problems found.
    Chuck

• Steven Shiau

Steven Shiau - 2016-05-01

Cool! Thanks.
    Last week we were busy so there was no any updated release for DRBL live or Clonezilla live. This comming week we will have another one.

Steven

• chuck

chuck - 2016-06-14

Hi Steven, I tested the drbl-live-xfce-2.4.5-39-amd64 iso today and restored a single PC and it worked great for me. The options I used were KMS PXE mode with a beginner multicast restore over fast ethernet from a local USB3 external disk. Thanks for the latest update to drbl-live iso.

• Steven Shiau

Steven Shiau - 2016-06-19

Hi chuck,
    Great! Thanks. We will keep updating DRBL live, so your tests are very helpful.
    Thanks again.

Steven

• chuck

chuck - 2016-07-08

Hi Steven, I used drbl-live-xfce-2.4.6-7-amd64.iso yesterday to image a lab of 15 Windows 10 PCs and it worked great. I used options KMS, PXE, Beginner and Multicast over Fast Ethernet with the master image on a USB3 external disk. Thanks. Chuck

• Steven Shiau

Steven Shiau - 2016-07-12

Hi Chuck,
    Great. Thanks again!

Steven

• Steven Shiau

Steven Shiau - 2016-08-07

Wow, amazing. Cool.
    Thanks for sharing the results and photos.

Steven

• chuck

chuck - 2016-09-06

Hi Steven, I used drbl-live-xfce-2.4.6-12-amd64.iso to image a one PC today and it worked great. I used options KMS, PXE, Beginner and Multicast over Fast Ethernet with the master image on a USB3 external disk. Chuck

• chuck

chuck - 2016-09-13

Hi Steven, I used drbl-live-xfce-2.4.6-12-amd64.iso to image a lab of 19 PCs yesterday without any issues. I used options KMS, PXE, Beginner and Broadcast over Fast Ethernet with the master image on a USB3 external disk. Chuck

• chuck

chuck - 2016-09-14

Hi Steven, I used drbl-live-xfce-2.4.6-12-amd64.iso to image another lab of 15 PCs today without any issues. I used options KMS, PXE, Beginner and Broadcast over Fast Ethernet with the master image on a USB3 external disk. Chuck

• Steven Shiau

Steven Shiau - 2016-09-17

Hi Chuck,
    Great. It's nice to know this version works there.
    Thanks for your efforts and feedback.
    Appreciate.

Steven

• chuck

chuck - 2016-10-11

Hi Steven

I tested drbl-live-xfce-2.4.6-18-amd64.iso today and restored a single Windows 10 notebook and I didn't have any issues. I used options KMS, PXE, Beginner and Broadcast over Fast Ethernet on a Cisco Catalyst 3560 switch with the master image on a USB3 external disk. Thanks for the iso!

Chuck

• Steven Shiau

Steven Shiau - 2016-10-14

Hi Chuck,
    Great! Thanks for your tests there. Today I push another testing release. If you have a chance, please give it a try.
    Appreciate.

Steven

1 2 > >> (Page 1 of 2)