Help
kiran
2005-12-14
2019-07-25
<< < 1 2 (Page 2 of 2)
  • Wojtek K

Wojtek K - 2006-03-20

Hi,

As far as I know Dozer I think it may be quite tricky - but I am not an expert in Dozer code. Maybe others have some ideas?

By the way I still haven't managed time to fix 2 tests in index branch, will try to fix it this week.

• Franz Garsombke

Franz Garsombke - 2006-03-20

Currently, we do not support index mapping. As soon as the index branch is ready I will merge it into our 2.x codebase. As far as deep mapping with index mapping...I haven't even thought of that. Deep mapping gets hard when you don't have the standard get/set methods in front of you. The http://www.ognl.org OGNL (OGNL stands for Object-Graph Navigation Language) might make things easier...but I have no idea how to merge the two. As of yet we haven't had any requests for deep mapping + indexed mapping so I need to defer to individual contributors to come up with some *creative* solutions :)

Thanks for looking.

Franz

• Wojtek K

Wojtek K - 2006-03-21

Hi,

I have just put my changes into CVS (Branch v20IndexBranch).  All tests passed expect testCustomConverterMapping(java.lang.InstantiateException: java.lang.Double).  I belive that the reason of this is that it doesn't want to pick up the custom converter: TestCustomConverter.  The strangest thing about it is that it is picking up custom converters correctlyi in other places (for instance in IndividualMappingTest).  Could you please take a look at this as I am running out of ideas what it's wrong.

I hope the code is ready to be merged to the main branch, if not please let me know I will try to do some more fixes.

• Franz Garsombke

Franz Garsombke - 2006-03-21

Going to TSS Symposium so I can merge beginning of next week. Thanks for contributing. As soon as this is done I will do a formal release.

Take care.

Franz

• srkirkby

srkirkby - 2006-03-08

Along a similar vein...

My source bean is:

class CicsBean{
      private List data; // contains lists of String
    }

class Claim {
      private List approvals; // list of Approval
    }

class Approval{
      private String date;
      private String time;
      private String place;
    }

What I need to do is map each array of Strings from CicsBean.data to an Approval object in the list in Claim.

• Wojtek K

Wojtek K - 2006-03-08

Hi,

Will try to fix two unit tests in the V20IndexBranch by the end of this week. Hopefully than Franz and others could put it in the main branch.
      I am going to put precompiled jar in the patch are - if you want to try it.

Regards
      w.

• Franz Garsombke

Franz Garsombke - 2006-03-10

As soon as you have everything working I will do a merge back into the v20 branch. We can then have a minor release and get that stuff out there.

Thanks for helping.

Franz

• Garry

Garry - 2006-03-27

Above says:
    Limitations:
    1. It is not able to convert field like (without using custom converters):
    a. prop1[1].prop2

I need this functionality for this to be of any use to me. I have an array with objects which have getters. I can't see how this would be useful without this functionality unless the array is a String array.

Can you explain what the problems are in having an object array?

• Franz Garsombke

Franz Garsombke - 2006-03-27

I can not explain the limitations of the map element at specific index functionality. Hopefully the developer who contributed the code can explain the difficulties around this.

Sorry.

Franz

• Franz Garsombke

Franz Garsombke - 2006-03-29

Please follow this thread:

http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?thread_id=1469648&forum_id=452530

It seems like Garry is on to something with embedding OGNL. This seems like a very elegant solution. Thoughts?

Franz

• Wojtek K

Wojtek K - 2006-03-29

I am working for a software house and people from other projects asked me if such feature would be possible to implement as they are thinking it would be extreamly useful so it looks like solution many people would love to have.

I am wonder how much time do you think it could take to integrate it with Dozer?

Regards
      w.

• Franz Garsombke

Franz Garsombke - 2006-03-29

I don't think it would take long at all. I am digging more into OGNL and trying to figure out our hooks into it. I wouldn't say more than a week or two to integrate. Have you looked at OGNL 3.0 at all? It looks like it was released 1 1/2 years ago but nothing after that...Also, there is no documentation. I am wondering if it is worth looking at 3.0...

I will let you know if I start a OGNL/dozer integration...

Franz

• Wojtek K

Wojtek K - 2006-03-30

Hi,

I've just had morning though: It's sound great if we could have it in two, three weeks however we are using banched (index-support) version on production, so if we could have version compatible with the version we already have I would appreciate it very much. There are tests in the branch IndividualTest - could you bring them to the head when you implement OGNL support please.

I haven't look at OGNL support yet, I am going to have chat with other guys about that and see what they are thinking about it....

Regards
          w.

• Franz Garsombke

Franz Garsombke - 2006-04-01

I should be done with OGNL integration at the end of the week. I will pull your tests over...thanks for writing them :)

franz

• jayaprakash

jayaprakash - 2019-07-25

Hi Franz,

Have you integrated OGNL with dozer .

<< < 1 2 (Page 2 of 2)