Menu

Calls to static methods in call graphs

2008-01-28
2013-06-11
  • Karl Beecher

Karl Beecher - 2008-01-28

I have a large undocumented Java project for which I wish to map out the call graphs.

Having used Doxygen, it works mostly fine, except that calls to static methods are not shown on the resulting call graphs, or in the corresponding .dot files, despite changing options in the Doxyfile like EXTRACT_ALL = YES and EXTRACT_STATIC = YES.

I am wondering if this is a bug or I have neglected to do something required before calls to static methods will show up. Any light someone can shed on this will be gratefully received.

k_beecher

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2010-08-16

Hi,
    I am facing the same problem. The only difference is that I am using it for a C# project. I've tried EXTRACT_ALL = YES as well as EXTRACT_STATIC = YES, but, doesn't work. I wanted to use doxygen particularly for dependency graphs feature. A huge part of my code comprises of common static functions which are called in many other functions. doxygen doesn't generate dependency graph for static functions. Can someone help me figure out a workaround for this??
    Thanks,
    Vamyip

• Alfred

Alfred - 2010-09-14

I am not sure, whether my problem is the same.

I have plain C code. In one function I've declared a table of function pointers. The functions that are pointed to, are static functions within the source module.

A while ago, I generated the DOC, and the functions were listed in the "References" and shown in the graphic. Now it does not work. I switched to a newer Doxygen version in the meantime, and the parameter file was modified, so I don't know what is the reason that the functions are  missing.