Menu

Linux prerelease?

2000-03-03
2000-03-14
  • Robert Bäuml

Robert Bäuml - 2000-03-03

Hi all,

first I would like to congratulate you for putting the Doomlegacy development into a public repository, making it feasible for "experienced" users to help bug tracking and elimination. Good move :)

OK, now on-topic:
    If have seen prerelease 5 of Version 1.29 is out and after 1.29 final for Windoze, the Linux and DOS versions will follow. Will there be some kind of prerelease for Linux as well? In my experience, Linux features an awful lot of different environments, where it may be beneficial to have some kind of prerelease to work out the major bugs and do not have to start with patchlevels right after the release of 1.29.
    BTW, does the Linux version compile out-of-the-archive yet (haven't tried myself)? So I could do my own "prerelease"?? I hope my poor knowledge of CVS doesn't stand out ;-)

• Thierry Van Elsuwe

The source code in the CVS should nearly compile with Linux (I think there some minor modifications to do). Someone sent me a patch for that, but I'm sure Bell Kin will do what is necessary to have a pre-release version of DooM Legavy under Linux ASAP.

I still have to upload the latest changes in the Repository to have the "pre-prelease 5 label" (actually, it's "only" the pre-release 4). I didn't update the repositry because even if it works very well, there are some modifications in the source code I don't like at all, so you'll need to wait till I fix this.

Thierry

• Tim Allen

Tim Allen - 2000-03-12

Weeel.. I've got a file that I downloaded from the "files" section called "legacy_129_pr5_linux.tar.gz".. I assume this means that 1.29pre5 is out for Linux now?

And I couldn't find anywhere to download CVS snapshots.. I can't be bothered setting up CVS on this machine, but hacking the source may still hold some appeal for me...

• Thierry Van Elsuwe

the snapshot can be found here:
          http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cvstarballs/doomlegacy-cvsroot.tar.gz
          (updated daily)

• Tim Allen

Tim Allen - 2000-03-14

Bookmarked.

Muchas gracias. :)