Menu

How to switch GUI language to Russian in MacOS?

2016-10-31
2016-11-04
  • Vladimir Monastyrev

Hi!
    Is anybody know how to switch GUI lang?
    In portable version DF switch on Russian automatically, but if I start installed from dmg MacOS version
    of DF, GUI is always on English. MacOS 10.11.6 (Russian localization) with latest Oracle Java is installed.

• Nam-Quang Tran

Nam-Quang Tran - 2016-10-31

Hi,

inside the DocFetcher application bundle, you'll find a text file named "DocFetcher". The last line of the file looks like this:

/Library/Internet\ Plug-Ins/JavaAppletPlugin.plugin/Contents/Home/bin/java -XstartOnFirstThread -Xdock:name="DocFetcher" -enableassertions -Xmx512m -Xss2m -cp ".:${CLASSPATH}" -Djava.library.path="lib" net.sourceforge.docfetcher.Main "$@"

To switch to Russian, open the file in a text editor and add the following parameter: -Duser.language=ru
    The last line of the DocFetcher file will then look like this:

/Library/Internet\ Plug-Ins/JavaAppletPlugin.plugin/Contents/Home/bin/java -XstartOnFirstThread -Xdock:name="DocFetcher" -enableassertions -Xmx512m -Xss2m -cp ".:${CLASSPATH}" -Djava.library.path="lib" -Duser.language=ru net.sourceforge.docfetcher.Main "$@"

Now save the text file and restart DocFetcher.

For more info on application bundles, see Wikipedia.

Best regards
    q:-) <= Quang

Last edit: Nam-Quang Tran 2016-10-31
  • Vladimir Monastyrev

Quang, thank you for answer.
    Unfortunately this tweak isn't work in my case :( , GUI still on English. I don't know why...
    Also I'm try to use -Duser.language parameter with de or fr without success.

Last edit: Vladimir Monastyrev 2016-11-03
  • Nam-Quang Tran

Nam-Quang Tran - 2016-11-04

There was a bug that prevented DocFetcher from loading the translation files on OS X. Try this modified 1.1.18 release:
    http://docfetcher.sourceforge.net/DocFetcher-1.1.18.dmg

With this one, you won't have to edit the DocFetcher file. Also, the bugfix will be included in the next official release.

• Vladimir Monastyrev

Quang thank you!!! Now it is work.