Menu

Publisher Availability Check

wonsup
2007-08-02
2013-05-01
  • wonsup

wonsup - 2007-08-02

The Dimdim Community Version has been installed successfully on my own Linux server.  However, when I try to start a meeting, it gets stuck at the point for "Publisher Availability Check".  And it doesn't move on.  What should I do in this case?

Waiting for some help desperately!!

• Rajesh Dharmalingam

Hello,

Thanks for using Dimdim. Could you please let me know the following:
      1. Which version of Dimdim you were using.
      2. From which OS you are trying to start a meeting. currently Start of the meeting can be done only from Windows. Attendee can join from Windows / Linux.
      3. For cleaning the publisher please have a look at http://sourceforge.net/forum/message.php?msg_id=4140166.

Please do let me know if you still face any problems.

Regards,
      -Rajesh

• wonsup

wonsup - 2007-08-02

Thanks for your help,

As you showed me;
      1. I adjusted the security settings in IE6(not IE7).

2. I uninstalled "Dimdim Web meeting Publisher" from Add or Remove Programs.

And it didn't make any difference at all.  Still it stops at "Publisher Availability Check".

My details are;
      1. Which version of Dimdim you were using: dimdim_160_Alpha_061107_2.tar.gz which is the latest one.

2. From which OS you are trying to start a meeting: All from Windows XP service pack 2.

Also, how do we automatically run the "Conference Server" whenever PCs are booted.
      I am typing the command "#./dimdim start" everytime the PC is on.

Hope to hear from you soon.

• Rajesh Dharmalingam

Hello,

Thanks for the updates. Could you please try starting a meeting with Firefox and see if you were able to succeed?
      Also could you please send me your wrapper.log, dimdim.properties, wrapper.conf and server.xml to rajesh@dimdim.com

Regards,
      -Rajesh

• wonsup

wonsup - 2007-08-03

Thanks for your advice,

1. I found out the cause of the error.  I allocated port 8080 to Dimdim Server to reserve 80 for normal web server on the same Linux server.  Strangely it worked ok when I changed the Dimdim Server port configuration(in server.xml & dimdim.properties) to 80 and restarted the server after stopping web server.  I thought that allocating ports to each server would be alright like I did.  This time, I think I will give port 80 to Dimdim Server and 8080 to web server.

2. When I tested the Conference Publisher, I encountered another problem.  We can find the menu "upload" particularly for Power Point but a Poer Poing file couldn't be loaded as I couldn't do it on Dimdim company server.  I have no idea if it's my fault or the program error.

3. Also please give me the answer for the above question.

"Also, how do we automatically run the "Conference Server" whenever PCs are booted.
      I am typing the command "#./dimdim start" everytime the PC is on."