It will be great if you add token info at header of the method.
Done. The latest weekly build will show the token of all objects in the disassembled text.
Please let me know if you have any other ideas for improving DILE.
Thank you very much for the new feature , Zsolt Petreny .
I will post some other ideas/features in this thread .
Hi again , Zsolt Petreny.
I got some ideas .
1. Search as token
2. Go To EntryPoint method.
1. That's fine. I'll do it in the weekend. Should be easy. :)
2. I can do this as well. Although this feature already exists in a different form. If you set a startup assembly in your project then hit F10 (step) instead of F5 (run) to start the debuggee and DILE will stop on the first instruction of the entry point method. Visual Studio behaves the same way so I added this feature a long time ago to DILE. :)
1. This is funny. I added searching by token about 6 years ago to DILE but I completely forgot about it. :) Anyway, to enable it, choose the Quick Search panel -> click on the "…" button next to the textbox where you enter the search term -> select the assembly you want to search for tokens in -> check "TokenValues" -> click "OK". Now searching in the selected assembly (assemblies) will work. Please, don't enter the "0x" prefix for tokens though, only the id (e.g.: "0600001d").
2. Done. If you right-click in the Project Explorer on an assembly that contains an entry method then 2 additional options will be available: "Locate entry method in the Project Explorer" and "Display entry method".
Please, let me know if you have more feature requests. :)
P.S.: I think I'll try to redesign that Quick Search Settings window, it's not very convenient to use it…
1. This is really funny indeed . I always thought that "DILE" is only capable of searching "Types" . Hehe . Its surprise . How i never tested that "…" button ? :)
2. Thanks , Works perfect .
1. AntiAntiDebug feature ? :D I guess this will take some time to implement it in DILE .
Let me know if you need some samples .I can provide you a different types of antidebug samples.
Here is a one sample that contains many types of antidebugs.
2. Ignore case sensitive ONLY for "Token" search.
0600007C - Nothing found
0600007c - Found
Sorry, but I was busy adding a new feature to DILE. A few days ago I saw one of my colleagues struggling with understanding what the IL instructions meant so I added a little help panel. Hopefully other users will find it useful as well.
1. I've already played around a little bit with the code but I'm really not sure whether I will ever be able to disassemble all obfuscated assemblies. Unfortunately, this problem is really out of my control, as I'm just using the Unmanaged Metadata API which can't deal with many obfuscated assemblies. We can only hope that MS will fix those problems. I'll spend a little more time on it but I really don't promise anything.
2. Whoops, I could've added this feature much earlier. Sorry, I'll do it in the weekend when I'll have a little time again. :)
One little request :).
1. Copy all texts from code. You know it can't select "IL_XXXX" area :). I want to copy snippet along with IL_XXXX .
Thank you very much.
Your request sounds very reasonable and simple but I'm afraid solving it is not going to be easy.
The problem is that the IL addresses that you see on the left side are not part of the text. They're literally drawn on the text editor control using Graphics.DrawString(). I think Visual Studio does something similar when it draws line numbers on the margin but doesn't make them part of the text.
I'm afraid I need a bit more time but I'll see whether I can somehow insert the correct IL addresses in the text which is being copied on the clipboard.
I have managed to add the feature that you requested. Simply download the latest weekly build of DILE, go to File -> Settings -> Text Editor and check the "Copy text to clipboard with IL addresses" option. Once this is done IL addresses should be included in copied texts.
Please let me know if you have any problem with it or you need more features. :)
Thanks Zsolt Petreny.
But i having a problem with it . This is how it looks after activating "Copy text to clipboard with IL addresses" feature .
I don't think that the new copy text feature would cause such a bug. I'm afraid this is the old bug that I think you had mentioned before.
The problem is that, as I mentioned earlier, the IL addresses are not part of the text, they are just drawn on the text editor. Apparently in some cases I calculate the coordinates incorrectly. Unfortunately I can't reproduce this problem and therefore I'm not sure of what causes it or how it could be fixed.
Usually forcing the text editor to repaint itself solves the issue though. So simply try to resize DILE or open and close that tab or turn on/off word wrapping or scroll the text and so on and the IL addresses will be back to normal.
However, if you can reproduce this bug in a reliable way (e.g. it always happens when you open a certain method or if you execute actions in a certain order) then please do let me know because I'd love to fix it.
Sign up for the SourceForge newsletter:
You seem to have CSS turned off.
Please don't fill out this field.