Mark - 2006-10-18

Hi,

I am trying to set up DHCP so that clients are assigned two DNS servers
      10.0.1.10 - the machine running dual server
      10.0.1.1 - my router, as a fallback

However if I put either or both of the lines:
    DNS_Server=10.0.1.1
    DNS_Server=10.0.1.10

in either the [DHCP-OPTIONS] section or the section for a specific DHCP client, I get an error when I run dual server (on windows, standalone):

Section [DNS-ALLOWED-HOSTS] Invalid entry his is operating/authorized IP range for this server in ini file, ignored
    Section [STATIC-HOSTS] invalid entry his is operating/authorized IP range for this server ignored
    Section [STATIC-HOSTS] invalid entry 10.0.1.2-10.0.1.254 ignored
    Section [ALIASES] invalid entry his is operating/authorized IP range for this server ignored
    Section [ALIASES] invalid entry 10.0.1.2-10.0.1.254 ignored
    Warning section [DHCP OPTIONS] option his is operating/authorized IP range for this server missing = sign, option ignored
    Warning section [DHCP OPTIONS] option 10.0.1.2-10.0.1.254 missing = sign, option ignored

However, I don't have any entries at all in those sections and if I remove the DNS_Server line(s) or comment out, everything works fine.

Is this a bug or am I missing something?

Thanks

mark.

• Achal Dhir

Achal Dhir - 2006-10-20

Looks like your file is corrupt. Can you please download version 3.11 and give it a shot and let me know the results.

Thanks

• Mark

Mark - 2006-10-23

3.11 gives me the same error message. However, unlike 3.1 which quit immediately after, 3.11 kept running and worked fine.

I managed to get rid of the error altogether if I removed all comments from the ini file.

thanks

mark.

• Achal Dhir

Achal Dhir - 2006-10-27

These errors should never come. Only chance seems, you check on any other machine, your servers file system may be mildly disturbed.