Duff Crashing in Windows Xp 64 bit

Help
mtinman
2009-04-07
2013-04-29
  • mtinman

mtinman - 2009-04-07

Hey All,

I'm having problems with Duff crashing in Windows XP 64 bit. Duff starts ok, and will do small directory checks very quickly. However, it usually crashes when performing large folder checks, or when closing Duff. Is there any way to find out why Duff is crashing (i.e segfaulting, etc.), and send that info to the developers? Thanks.

• Nobody/Anonymous

I can second this.
      Main bug seems to be hangs/crashes during atttempts to process marked files (i.e. delete or move files).

Odd habits in also marking all dups in a certain directory (not all files seleceted; I cannot find a consistent pattern here - dll's, exe's, txt's are sometimes included sometimes not)

I am a bit sad that Xp 64 bit has these issues because I think duff is a goo, simple, clear software that credits the user with intelligence and does not bloat with being fancy, showy or suffer from over use of graphics or force navigation only via mouse clicks.

• Nobody/Anonymous

make sure you are running this program as admistrator (right-click program file or shortcut and RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR) this dhould get the delete/move functionality back