var & PHP5

ED.
2005-12-02
2012-12-07
  • ED.

ED. - 2005-12-02

Hi

>Note:  The PHP 4 method of declaring a variable >with the var keyword is no longer valid for PHP 5 >objects. For compatibility a variable declared in >php will be assumed with public visibility, and a >E_STRICT warning will be issued.

http://www.php.net/manual/en/language.oop5.visibility.php

The visibility of a property or method can be defined by prefixing the declaration with the keywords: public, protected or private.

• Pierre Fauconnier

Hi jean-seb,

Very exciting, isn't it ?

Regards,
      Pierre.

• ED.

ED. - 2005-12-03

Sure,

But Dev PHP doesn't interpret those tags as variables in the class browser

Regards,

• Andrew Murphy

Andrew Murphy - 2005-12-03

I think devphp3 is essentially dead; I know, it sucks... it was fun while it lasted, and I still think its better than devphp2, but thats another story...

• Burggraaff

Burggraaff - 2005-12-03

Too bad development has stopt on devphp3. I use it still for my own dev work. But as there is no real progress, I'm looking for a replacement. Maybe Eclipse.. A great IDE, but the best about devphp is that it's a good editor and not a bloated IDE.

• ED.

ED. - 2005-12-03

Oups i doesn t take care about the date of last version.

:(

• Andrew Murphy

Andrew Murphy - 2005-12-04

you know, I used to think the same thing of eclipse, until I really sat down and tried it, and you know, its not that bad.

Then again, I do miss some of the simplicity of devphp.

• Burggraaff

Burggraaff - 2005-12-04

You're right. As it seems, devphp3 is a dead end. And Eclipse is the best replacement, as far a I know.
                If I find som time I give it a try.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks