Help
Steve
2013-01-24
2013-01-25
  • Steve

Steve - 2013-01-24

Hi Pierre, me again!

You have persuaded me to use 'projects' :), and I note the following:
    When I select the "local root" option it automatically creates the project.prd file in this root. If I then choose Project - Save Project and change directory to my projects directory I get a new project file, and the [options] section of the new file loses the LocalPath value.

Thus the "Save Project" menu item is really a "Save Project As ..." menu item. Its a bit annoying that it then loses the root folder option during the save.

The project options are under Options - General Options - Project, rather than Project - Options. I realise the general options are used as a default for new projects (I think) and can see why they are there, but its just a bit counter-intuative if I want to change the options for this project only.

If I choose Options - Highlighter - Multi on a PHP file it changes back to Options - Highlighter - PHP when I click Save.

There is no where I can find to say I want Multi as my default highlighter mode.

Neither of these things is a big issue - just an observation really.

Steve

• Pierre Fauconnier

0) Thanks for giving the "project" a chance. I don't know why this feature is not really used - maybe the name is frightening?

1) You're right about "Save Project"
    1a) It's a "Save as..." and not a simple "Save", as expected.
    1b) The LocalPath value is lost when "Save as..." - Ho, ho, this one looks like a bug.
    I'm going to add a "Save as..." menu item, and to fix this bug.
    Accepted

1c) From Options and Projects.
    - "General" is used to collect global parameters, regardless any project. "Options" defines the way I want Dev-PHP works.
    - "Projects" is intended to collect local parameters specific to a given project (external web site, FTP host, PHP engine, document root, default doc, etc.)
    - For historical reasons, the "General" settings and the "Projects" settings are displayed in the same form. I understand your

just a bit counter-intuative if I want to change the options for this project only

You're right, but it is a big change.
    Accepted

2) About highlighters.

There is no where I can find to say I want Multi as my default highlighter mode.

There's a huge discussion about highlighters here
    There's also a documentation about highlighters here
    Maybe the captions on the "Options" form are not enough explanatory?
    Pending
    Well, see "Options/General Options... / General / File extensions" and there, set "TSynWeb: HTML/XHTML (+CSS, +ES, +PHP)" in front of the file extension "php" (to select an highlighter there's a small arrow to the very right of the highlighter cell). I think the "php" extension must be set to "PHP (basic)" - but I can't figure out why, because the default value for extensions "php" and "htm" should be "TSynWeb: HTML/XHTML (+CSS, +ES, +PHP)".

Thanks for your report.

• Steve

Steve - 2013-01-25

Highlighters.

Ahh - I see. The highlighter options in the documentation and mentioned above are different in my version (2.6.1.358). Thus as work in progress I'll check it out in the next release.

Plus the code folding isn't working, which from the above discussion seems to be handled by TSynweb. I must have an old version or something...

Last edit: Steve 2013-01-25