|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2007-11-19 14:25:47
|
Hey, it seems like the net-snmp update broke ntop in DL1.3 . It works just fine in 1.2, but I can't figure out why it isn't working in 1.3. I may be missing something, can somebody else take a look? -- Regards Heiko Zuerker http://www.devil-linux.org |
|
From: Serge L. <fi...@in...> - 2007-11-19 14:41:32
|
Hi, Heiko Zuerker wrote: > it seems like the net-snmp update broke ntop in DL1.3 . > It works just fine in 1.2, but I can't figure out why it isn't working in > 1.3. > > I may be missing something, can somebody else take a look? >From my yesterday build log (ntop): -------------------------------------------- **Testing Optional libraries and headers** checking for Multithreading... ok checking for openSSL... ok checking for zlib... ok checking for net-snmp-config... no NET-SNMP is not present: SNMP support is disabled -------------------------------------------- For some reasons ntop doesn't link against net-snmp. I'll try to find 'why'. -- Sincerely, Serge Leschinsky |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2007-11-19 15:26:29
|
On Mon, November 19, 2007 08:41, Serge Leschinsky wrote: > Hi, > > > Heiko Zuerker wrote: > > >> it seems like the net-snmp update broke ntop in DL1.3 . It works just >> fine in 1.2, but I can't figure out why it isn't working in 1.3. >> >> >> I may be missing something, can somebody else take a look? >> > >> From my yesterday build log (ntop): >> > -------------------------------------------- > **Testing Optional libraries and headers** > > > checking for Multithreading... ok checking for openSSL... ok checking for > zlib... ok checking for net-snmp-config... no NET-SNMP is not present: SNMP > support is disabled -------------------------------------------- > > > For some reasons ntop doesn't link against net-snmp. I'll try to find > 'why'. It found it on my system. checking for openSSL... ok checking for zlib... ok checking for net-snmp-config... net-snmp-config net-snmp libs: -L/usr/lib -lnetsnmp -- Regards Heiko Zuerker http://www.devil-linux.org |
|
From: Serge L. <fi...@in...> - 2007-11-20 19:57:56
|
Heiko, Heiko Zuerker wrote: >> For some reasons ntop doesn't link against net-snmp. I'll try to find >> 'why'. > > It found it on my system. > checking for openSSL... ok > checking for zlib... ok > checking for net-snmp-config... net-snmp-config > net-snmp libs: -L/usr/lib -lnetsnmp > Well, I've found and fixed linking (it was my fault). Now I got the following: /usr/include/net-snmp/library/container.h: In function 'CONTAINER_FREE': /usr/include/net-snmp/library/container.h:416: error: invalid lvalue in assignment make[3]: *** [iface.lo] Error 1 Have you meant that error? -- Sincerely, Serge Leschinsky |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2007-11-20 20:25:14
|
On Tue, November 20, 2007 13:57, Serge Leschinsky wrote: > Heiko, > > > Heiko Zuerker wrote: > > >>> For some reasons ntop doesn't link against net-snmp. I'll try to find >>> 'why'. >>> >> >> It found it on my system. >> checking for openSSL... ok checking for zlib... ok checking for >> net-snmp-config... net-snmp-config net-snmp libs: -L/usr/lib -lnetsnmp >> > Well, I've found and fixed linking (it was my fault). Now I got the > following: > > > /usr/include/net-snmp/library/container.h: In function 'CONTAINER_FREE': > /usr/include/net-snmp/library/container.h:416: error: invalid lvalue in > assignment make[3]: *** [iface.lo] Error 1 > > > Have you meant that error? > Yes that's exactly the error I get. -- Regards Heiko Zuerker http://www.devil-linux.org |
|
From: Serge L. <fi...@in...> - 2008-01-26 12:28:22
|
Hi, The bug explanation (it is still open): https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=389631 >> /usr/include/net-snmp/library/container.h: In function 'CONTAINER_FREE': >> /usr/include/net-snmp/library/container.h:416: error: invalid lvalue in >> assignment make[3]: *** [iface.lo] Error 1 -- Serge Leschinsky |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2008-01-26 15:12:42
|
> Hi, > > The bug explanation (it is still open): > > https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=389631 > >>> /usr/include/net-snmp/library/container.h: In function >>> 'CONTAINER_FREE': >>> /usr/include/net-snmp/library/container.h:416: error: invalid lvalue in >>> assignment make[3]: *** [iface.lo] Error 1 Yeah would be nice if they fix that soon. -- Regards Heiko Zuerker http://www.devil-linux.org |
|
From: Serge L. <fi...@in...> - 2008-02-09 13:06:56
|
Heiko,
I asked my colleague (a very experienced C coder) to help with the patch. After
several hours of the source code looking thru he had said, that the 'really
correct patch' will take a lot of time and efforts which he can't to afford.
Instead of this he suggested a 'quick fix' which allows to compile ntop but
produces the compiler warning. The patch is below, as you can see he just
removed void casting. So, it's the question - will we include this temporary fix
till a proper patch appears or not?
--- include/net-snmp/library/tools.h.orig 2008-02-07 14:43:10.000000000 +0300
+++ include/net-snmp/library/tools.h 2008-02-08 09:57:51.000000000 +0300
@@ -50,7 +50,7 @@
/** @def SNMP_FREE(s)
Frees a pointer only if it is !NULL and sets its value to NULL */
-#define SNMP_FREE(s) do { if (s) { free((void *)s); s=NULL; } } while(0)
+#define SNMP_FREE(s) do { if (s) { free(s); s=NULL; } } while(0)
/** @def SNMP_SWIPE_MEM(n, s)
Frees pointer n only if it is !NULL, sets n to s and sets s to NULL */
Heiko Zuerker wrote:
>> The bug explanation (it is still open):
>>
>> https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=389631
...
>
> Yeah would be nice if they fix that soon.
>
--
Sincerely,
Serge Leschinsky
|
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2008-02-10 13:45:57
|
Serge,
I don't think we have any other choice then using this patch until
something official is available.
Heiko
> Heiko,
>
> I asked my colleague (a very experienced C coder) to help with the patch.
> After
> several hours of the source code looking thru he had said, that the
> 'really
> correct patch' will take a lot of time and efforts which he can't to
> afford.
> Instead of this he suggested a 'quick fix' which allows to compile ntop
> but
> produces the compiler warning. The patch is below, as you can see he just
> removed void casting. So, it's the question - will we include this
> temporary fix
> till a proper patch appears or not?
>
> --- include/net-snmp/library/tools.h.orig 2008-02-07 14:43:10.000000000
> +0300
> +++ include/net-snmp/library/tools.h 2008-02-08 09:57:51.000000000
> +0300
> @@ -50,7 +50,7 @@
>
> /** @def SNMP_FREE(s)
> Frees a pointer only if it is !NULL and sets its value to NULL */
> -#define SNMP_FREE(s) do { if (s) { free((void *)s); s=NULL; } }
> while(0)
> +#define SNMP_FREE(s) do { if (s) { free(s); s=NULL; } } while(0)
>
> /** @def SNMP_SWIPE_MEM(n, s)
> Frees pointer n only if it is !NULL, sets n to s and sets s to NULL
> */
>
>
>
> Heiko Zuerker wrote:
>>> The bug explanation (it is still open):
>>>
>>> https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=389631
> ...
>>
>> Yeah would be nice if they fix that soon.
>>
>
> --
> Sincerely,
> Serge Leschinsky
>
> -------------------------------------------------------------------------
> This SF.net email is sponsored by: Microsoft
> Defy all challenges. Microsoft(R) Visual Studio 2008.
> http://clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/vse0120000070mrt/direct/01/
> _______________________________________________
> Devil-linux-develop mailing list
> Dev...@li...
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/devil-linux-develop
>
--
Regards
Heiko Zuerker
http://www.devil-linux.org
|