|
From: roy b. <roy...@ya...> - 2007-08-19 23:24:16
|
I have a some more build issues.
I deleted everything and stared will a completed fresh development download.
Staring point
lfssystem-SVN-20070314-cleaned.tar.bz2 with asm_types.h.patch
lftp-2.6.11.tar.bz2 compiled and installed
CVS taken on 18 August 2007.
Full DL Source download on 18 August 2007.
Used the default profile but unchecked "run build with nice"
unpack,build
ncftp Failed to compile...Set config file to NOT include ncftp!
(problem as I described in one of my previous emails)
build,install,iso,dist
Everything OK up to this point
I used 'install-on-usb' to set up my Compact flash...
Firstly, I can not get DL first boot to copy the initial config file 'etc.tar.bz2' onto my
configuration media compact flash /dev/hdc2.
Copy just silently fails.....
My workaround is to copy etc.tar.bz2 onto second partition using the 'install-on-usb' script.
Secondly, DL boot fails.
This appears to be that 'mdev -s' fails to make /dev/loop0, so the cdrom image fails to mount.
My workaround for this is to set INITRD_MODULES="loop" in /etc/sysconfig/config
so 'load_modules' loads loop.ko and this populates /sys so 'mdev -s' makes the /dev/loop0
Anybody point me in the right direction for the real fix for this?
Many Thanks,
Roy.
___________________________________________________________
Want ideas for reducing your carbon footprint? Visit Yahoo! For Good http://uk.promotions.yahoo.com/forgood/environment.html
|
|
From: Serge L. <fi...@in...> - 2007-08-21 07:46:38
|
Hello, roy barnard wrote: > > Firstly, I can not get DL first boot to copy the initial config file 'etc.tar.bz2' onto my > configuration media compact flash /dev/hdc2. > Copy just silently fails..... > My workaround is to copy etc.tar.bz2 onto second partition using the 'install-on-usb' script. I've tested it on CD - the file has been copied without problem. If I can find a usb-drive I'll check it once again. > > Secondly, DL boot fails. > This appears to be that 'mdev -s' fails to make /dev/loop0, so the cdrom image fails to mount. > My workaround for this is to set INITRD_MODULES="loop" in /etc/sysconfig/config > so 'load_modules' loads loop.ko and this populates /sys so 'mdev -s' makes the /dev/loop0 > Anybody point me in the right direction for the real fix for this? It's my fault. I transfered loop module out of drivers/block/ dir... It should be ok now. Please sync scripts/loop-AES from cvs and try again. -- Serge Leschinsky |
|
From: roy b. <roy...@ya...> - 2007-08-24 14:34:03
|
Serge, I have re-synced scripts/loop-AES from cvs and tried again but this fails exactly the same way. Can't Find /dev/loop0 Many Thanks, Roy Barnard. --- Serge Leschinsky <fi...@in...> wrote: > Hello, > > roy barnard wrote: > > > > Firstly, I can not get DL first boot to copy the initial config file 'etc.tar.bz2' onto my > > configuration media compact flash /dev/hdc2. > > Copy just silently fails..... > > My workaround is to copy etc.tar.bz2 onto second partition using the 'install-on-usb' script. > I've tested it on CD - the file has been copied without problem. If I can find a > usb-drive I'll check it once again. > > > > > Secondly, DL boot fails. > > This appears to be that 'mdev -s' fails to make /dev/loop0, so the cdrom image fails to mount. > > My workaround for this is to set INITRD_MODULES="loop" in /etc/sysconfig/config > > so 'load_modules' loads loop.ko and this populates /sys so 'mdev -s' makes the /dev/loop0 > > Anybody point me in the right direction for the real fix for this? > It's my fault. I transfered loop module out of drivers/block/ dir... > It should be ok now. Please sync scripts/loop-AES from cvs and try again. > > -- > Serge Leschinsky > > ------------------------------------------------------------------------- > This SF.net email is sponsored by: Splunk Inc. > Still grepping through log files to find problems? Stop. > Now Search log events and configuration files using AJAX and a browser. > Download your FREE copy of Splunk now >> http://get.splunk.com/ > _______________________________________________ > Devil-linux-develop mailing list > Dev...@li... > https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/devil-linux-develop > ___________________________________________________________ Want ideas for reducing your carbon footprint? Visit Yahoo! For Good http://uk.promotions.yahoo.com/forgood/environment.html |
|
From: Serge L. <fi...@in...> - 2007-08-27 18:45:08
|
Roy, roy barnard wrote: > Serge, > > I have re-synced scripts/loop-AES from cvs and tried again but this fails exactly the same way. > Can't Find /dev/loop0 I'm sorry. I've added loop module loading to linuxrc. I hope it should help but it isn't tested due to absence of time Your report about problem with first coping etc.tar.bz2 has been confirmed. I looked through the code but I haven't found obvious bugs. I hope to have more spare time by the end of week and I'll try to catch the bug. -- Sincerely Serge Leschinsky |
|
From: Serge L. <fi...@in...> - 2007-08-29 08:19:27
|
Hi Roy, roy barnard wrote: > Firstly, I can not get DL first boot to copy the initial config file 'etc.tar.bz2' onto my > configuration media compact flash /dev/hdc2. > Copy just silently fails..... Fixed (I copied the config file to first available partition, and iso - to second. So I didn't test the situation when iso and config on the same partition). > My workaround is to copy etc.tar.bz2 onto second partition using the 'install-on-usb' script. > > Secondly, DL boot fails. Fixed. May I ask you to check how it works now? -- Sincerely Serge Leschinsky |
|
From: roy b. <roy...@ya...> - 2007-08-30 20:39:11
|
Hi Serge, Yes that works. Thank you very much, I can now complete first boot and the copy default config without any by hand modifications. Just stright from the install-on-usb script. I Still can not compile ncftp and this time I could not compile quota (quota-tools), Any Ideas? Many Thanks, Roy --- Serge Leschinsky <fi...@in...> wrote: > Hi Roy, > > roy barnard wrote: > > > Firstly, I can not get DL first boot to copy the initial config file 'etc.tar.bz2' onto my > > configuration media compact flash /dev/hdc2. > > Copy just silently fails..... > Fixed (I copied the config file to first available partition, and iso - to second. > So I didn't test the situation when iso and config on the same partition). > > > > My workaround is to copy etc.tar.bz2 onto second partition using the 'install-on-usb' script. > > > > Secondly, DL boot fails. > Fixed. > > > May I ask you to check how it works now? > > -- > Sincerely > Serge Leschinsky > > > ------------------------------------------------------------------------- > This SF.net email is sponsored by: Splunk Inc. > Still grepping through log files to find problems? Stop. > Now Search log events and configuration files using AJAX and a browser. > Download your FREE copy of Splunk now >> http://get.splunk.com/ > _______________________________________________ > Devil-linux-develop mailing list > Dev...@li... > https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/devil-linux-develop > ___________________________________________________________ Yahoo! Answers - Got a question? Someone out there knows the answer. Try it now. http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/ |
|
From: Serge L. <fi...@in...> - 2007-09-03 16:44:20
|
Hi Roy, roy barnard wrote: > Hi Serge, > > Yes that works. Thank you! > Thank you very much, I can now complete first boot and the copy default config without any by hand > modifications. Just stright from the install-on-usb script. > > I Still can not compile ncftp and this time I could not compile quota (quota-tools), Any Ideas? I still can't accumulate enough determination to fix ncftp. The first attempt was unsuccessful so I expect long and boring work to analyze source code. Probably it's a good idea to disable ncftp till me or somebody more qualified will be able to send a patch. quota-tools... Is it reproducible? I'm requesting because in my setup quota-tools is compiled without problem. -- Serge Leschinsky |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2007-09-03 17:05:30
|
On Mon, September 3, 2007 11:44, Serge Leschinsky wrote: > Hi Roy, > > > roy barnard wrote: >> Hi Serge, >> >> >> Yes that works. >> > Thank you! > > >> Thank you very much, I can now complete first boot and the copy default >> config without any by hand modifications. Just stright from the >> install-on-usb script. >> >> I Still can not compile ncftp and this time I could not compile quota >> (quota-tools), Any Ideas? >> > I still can't accumulate enough determination to fix ncftp. The first > attempt was unsuccessful so I expect long and boring work to analyze > source code. Probably it's a good idea to disable ncftp till me or > somebody more qualified will be able to send a patch. I'm currently doing some testing without the security stuff disabled, maybe that's the root cause. > quota-tools... Is it reproducible? I'm requesting because in my setup > quota-tools is compiled without problem. Switch back to 3.14 , 3.15 seems to be broke. -- Regards Heiko Zuerker http://www.devil-linux.org |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2007-09-03 17:19:33
|
On Mon, September 3, 2007 12:05, Heiko Zuerker wrote: > > On Mon, September 3, 2007 11:44, Serge Leschinsky wrote: > >> Hi Roy, >> >> >> >> roy barnard wrote: >>> Hi Serge, >>> >>> >>> >>> Yes that works. >>> >>> >> Thank you! >> >> >> >>> Thank you very much, I can now complete first boot and the copy >>> default config without any by hand modifications. Just stright from >>> the install-on-usb script. >>> >>> I Still can not compile ncftp and this time I could not compile quota >>> (quota-tools), Any Ideas? >>> >>> >> I still can't accumulate enough determination to fix ncftp. The first >> attempt was unsuccessful so I expect long and boring work to analyze >> source code. Probably it's a good idea to disable ncftp till me or >> somebody more qualified will be able to send a patch. > > I'm currently doing some testing without the security stuff disabled, > maybe that's the root cause. OK let's try this again: I'm currently doing some testing with the security stuff (gcc & co) disabled, maybe that's the root cause. >> quota-tools... Is it reproducible? I'm requesting because in my setup >> quota-tools is compiled without problem. > > Switch back to 3.14 , 3.15 seems to be broke. > > > -- > > > Regards > Heiko Zuerker > http://www.devil-linux.org > > > > > ------------------------------------------------------------------------- > This SF.net email is sponsored by: Splunk Inc. > Still grepping through log files to find problems? Stop. > Now Search log events and configuration files using AJAX and a browser. > Download your FREE copy of Splunk now >> http://get.splunk.com/ > _______________________________________________ > Devil-linux-develop mailing list > Dev...@li... > https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/devil-linux-develop > > -- Regards Heiko Zuerker http://www.devil-linux.org |