Kari,
thanks for the bug report.
It would be great if you could use the mailinglist in the future.
cu
Heiko
Kari Mattsson wrote:
>
> Hello!
>
> We are (starting) to use DL for several different purposes due to its
> "Ultra Rapid Deployment" nature combined with up-to-dateness,
> excellent documentation, and over-all robustness. Thnaks for the work
> so far!
>
> As we are humans, there are some errors. Here are the ones I've found
> in all versions 1.2.1 - 1.2.3, and propably also 1.2.4 (I'm
> downloading it now):
>
>
> Named/bind:
>
> - file /etc/rndc.key is missing. It will cause an error to be
> displayed in the log when it is started. I fixed this with just 'touch
> /etc/rndc.key', as I'm not really using the rndc feature.
>
> - The /etc/sysconfig/jail/ISC_BIND file is missing a corresponding line
> COPY /etc/rndc.key to copy that empty file to the jailroot.
>
>
> Sagator:
>
> The otherwise good example file (taken directly form Sagator's home)
> /etc/sagator.conf has a non-working LOGFILE setting. There is no
> /var/log/sagator directory for the sagator.log file. I fixed this by
> just removing 'sagator/' from the LOGFILE setting line.
>
>
> Sagator-Postfix integration:
>
> You might want to add the following lines to the two main Postfix
> configuration files either commented, or non-commented to make the
> life easier for Sagator users:
>
>
> # /etc/postfix/main.cf - Sagator requirement below:
> #content_filter = smtp:localhost:27
>
> # /etc/postfix/master.cf
> # Sagator required addition below:
> # Local smtpd without scanning
> #localhost:26 inet n - n - 30 smtpd
> # -o content_filter=
> # -o myhostname=sagator.mydomain.sk
> # -o local_recipient_maps= -o relay_recipient_maps=
> # -o mynetworks=127.0.0.0/8 -o mynetworks_style=host
> # -o smtpd_restriction_classes= -o smtpd_client_restrictions=
> # -o smtpd_helo_restrictions= -o smtpd_sender_restrictions=
> # -o smtpd_recipient_restrictions=permit_mynetworks,reject
> # -o
> receive_override_options=no_unknown_recipient_checks,no_header_body_checks
>
>
>
> The last line above is a bit long... The above lines are from Sagator
> readme documentation.
>
>
> NTP
>
> You might want to add two to four times the line
>
> server pool.ntp.org
>
> to the file /etc/ntp.conf to have good global defaults for NTP servers.
> I recently noticed Debian and Gentoo both default to that same address.
> Adding the line more than once allows ntpd to use the best ntp server,
> not just one.
>
>
> SpamAssassin - SPAMD
>
> You also might want to enable Razor2 in SpamAssassin, as you have it
> on DL. Just the line
>
> use_razor2 1
>
> to the file /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf will do it.
>
>
> Software RAID documentation
>
> I followed the documentation on v1.2, chapter 6 to create software
> RAID-1. It worked okay, but after a reboot did not find the /dev/md0
> anymore.
>
> I found out the instructions are a bit mixed. You either have to use
> the short (legacy) device names, or long (recommended) device names.
> You cannot mix those.
>
> So, the /etc/mdadm.conf must be (for IDE-only system) either like
>
> DEVICE /dev/ide/host?/bus?/target?/lun0/part*
> ARRAY /dev/md/0 level=raid1 num-devices=2
> UUID=d876333b:694e852b:e9a6f40f:0beb90f9
> devices=/dev/ide/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/part1,/dev/ide/host0/bus0/target1/lun0/part1
>
>
>
> ....or like:
>
>
> DEVICE /dev/hd*
> ARRAY /dev/md0 level=raid1 num-devices=2
> UUID=d876333b:694e852b:e9a6f40f:0beb90f9
> devices=/dev/hda1,/dev/hdb1
> ´
>
> ....and then software RAID will work ok.
>
>
>
> And a request in the end:
>
> Have you considered adding 'mailgraph'
> <http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~dws/software/mailgraph/> to DL? If not,
> could you? I know it is easy to add my own, but still..
>
>
>
> I hope these issues are not too trivial, or something for you
> correct/change. I also hope it is okay for me to email you some other
> findings in the future, shall I find those.
>
>
>
> Terveisin/With kind regards/Med hälsningar/Lugupidamisega,
>
> Kari Mattsson
> Trivore Corp. (Finland)
>
--
Regards
Heiko Zuerker
http://www.devil-linux.org
|