|
From: SourceForge.net <no...@so...> - 2004-03-21 19:03:51
|
Bugs item #920595, was opened at 2004-03-21 19:02 Message generated for change (Tracker Item Submitted) made by Item Submitter You can respond by visiting: https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=410643&aid=920595&group_id=34096 Category: Package Group: None Status: Open Resolution: None Priority: 5 Submitted By: Diego Torres (rapid2k1) Assigned to: Nobody/Anonymous (nobody) Summary: linux-wlan-ng have unresolved symbols with pcmcia-cs Initial Comment: linux-wlan-ng (pre17, pre17-r1, pre18, pre19, pre20) have unresolved symbols with pcmcia-cs (3.2.5, 3.2.7) using kernel 2.4.X. http://www.gentoo-portage.com/program-bugs.php? program=3878 http://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=44760 ---------------------------------------------------------------------- You can respond by visiting: https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=410643&aid=920595&group_id=34096 |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2004-03-21 20:16:24
|
SourceForge.net wrote: > Bugs item #920595, was opened at 2004-03-21 19:02 > Message generated for change (Tracker Item Submitted) made by Item Submitter > You can respond by visiting: > https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=410643&aid=920595&group_id=34096 > > Category: Package > Group: None > Status: Open > Resolution: None > Priority: 5 > Submitted By: Diego Torres (rapid2k1) > Assigned to: Nobody/Anonymous (nobody) > Summary: linux-wlan-ng have unresolved symbols with pcmcia-cs > > Initial Comment: > > linux-wlan-ng (pre17, pre17-r1, pre18, pre19, pre20) > have unresolved symbols with pcmcia-cs (3.2.5, 3.2.7) > using kernel 2.4.X. > > http://www.gentoo-portage.com/program-bugs.php? > program=3878 > > http://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=44760 For now we could revert back to pre16, I had to do this also for the 1.0.5 release. Heiko |
|
From: Martin G. <sou...@gl...> - 2004-03-21 20:32:33
|
On March 21, 2004 13:14, Heiko Zuerker wrote: > SourceForge.net wrote: > > Bugs item #920595, was opened at 2004-03-21 19:02 > > Message generated for change (Tracker Item Submitted) made by Item > > Submitter You can respond by visiting: > > https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=410643&aid=920595&group > >_id=34096 > > > > Category: Package > > Group: None > > Status: Open > > Resolution: None > > Priority: 5 > > Submitted By: Diego Torres (rapid2k1) > > Assigned to: Nobody/Anonymous (nobody) > > Summary: linux-wlan-ng have unresolved symbols with pcmcia-cs > > > > Initial Comment: > > > > linux-wlan-ng (pre17, pre17-r1, pre18, pre19, pre20) > > have unresolved symbols with pcmcia-cs (3.2.5, 3.2.7) > > using kernel 2.4.X. > > > > http://www.gentoo-portage.com/program-bugs.php? > > program=3878 > > > > http://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=44760 > > For now we could revert back to pre16, I had to do this also for the > 1.0.5 release. > I didn't have any problems with pcmcia-cs-3.2.7 or linux-wlan-ng-0.2.1-pre20 in the latest CVS build from 2 days ago.... Anybody else seeing this problem? Martin |
|
From: Diego T. <dt...@co...> - 2004-03-21 22:24:58
|
On Sun, Mar 21, 2004 at 01:32:16PM -0700, Martin Glazer wrote: > > For now we could revert back to pre16, I had to do this also for the > > 1.0.5 release. > > > I didn't have any problems with pcmcia-cs-3.2.7 or linux-wlan-ng-0.2.1-pre20 > in the latest CVS build from 2 days ago.... > > Anybody else seeing this problem? what was your .config? i selected hostap + wireless-tools + linux-wlan-ng + pcmcia-cs. this are the unresolved symbols are when trying to use prism2_cs.o .o depmod: pcmcia_get_configuration_info_R8551fe3c depmod: pcmcia_deregister_client_R609d99de depmod: pcmcia_request_io_R32b53b24 depmod: pcmcia_get_card_services_info_R3c39c871 depmod: pcmcia_request_irq_Ra75d6fa4 depmod: pcmcia_release_io_R1be3b3e4 depmod: pcmcia_get_first_tuple_R440fbd7b depmod: pcmcia_release_irq_Rd440dd2b depmod: pcmcia_release_configuration_R6b0239db depmod: pcmcia_get_tuple_data_Rc2131918 depmod: pcmcia_request_configuration_Rcfd96880 depmod: pcmcia_parse_tuple_Rbb8dd80b depmod: pcmcia_report_error_Rdd56c06c depmod: pcmcia_register_client_R4605df71 depmod: pcmcia_access_configuration_register_R93180e17 depmod: pcmcia_get_next_tuple_R2ebffd89 -- -- gnupg keyfingerprint -- 48AF 5BF9 8F54 2966 64CC 2327 7CD0 DD91 B09D 5799 -- Use of a keyboard or mouse may be linked to serious injuries or disorders. Diego Torres - dtorres at anthalia dot org - Madrid / España |
|
From: Martin G. <sou...@gl...> - 2004-03-21 23:59:23
|
On March 21, 2004 15:24, Diego Torres wrote: > On Sun, Mar 21, 2004 at 01:32:16PM -0700, Martin Glazer wrote: > > > For now we could revert back to pre16, I had to do this also for the > > > 1.0.5 release. > > > > I didn't have any problems with pcmcia-cs-3.2.7 or > > linux-wlan-ng-0.2.1-pre20 in the latest CVS build from 2 days ago.... > > > > Anybody else seeing this problem? > > what was your .config? > > i selected hostap + wireless-tools + linux-wlan-ng + pcmcia-cs. > > this are the unresolved symbols are when trying to use prism2_cs.o > .o Whoops... my mistake. I was using prism2_plx and not prism2_cs. I also knew I wasn't having any problems with prism2_cs on my gentoo box, but upon checking further, it is running an earlier version of linux-wlan-ng. I tried prism2_cs on my laptop with DL and also received the unresolved symbols. Beat me up with a hot poker for not paying more attention ;-) Martin |
|
From: Diego T. <dt...@co...> - 2004-03-22 01:01:54
|
On Sun, Mar 21, 2004 at 04:59:12PM -0700, Martin Glazer wrote: > Whoops... my mistake. I was using prism2_plx and not prism2_cs. I also knew I > wasn't having any problems with prism2_cs on my gentoo box, but upon checking > further, it is running an earlier version of linux-wlan-ng. > I tried prism2_cs on my laptop with DL and also received the unresolved > symbols. :))) maybe we could do as heiko suggested and revert to pre16? -- -- gnupg keyfingerprint -- 48AF 5BF9 8F54 2966 64CC 2327 7CD0 DD91 B09D 5799 -- Use of a keyboard or mouse may be linked to serious injuries or disorders. Diego Torres - dtorres at anthalia dot org - Madrid / España |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2004-03-22 01:26:22
|
Diego Torres wrote: > On Sun, Mar 21, 2004 at 04:59:12PM -0700, Martin Glazer wrote: > > >>Whoops... my mistake. I was using prism2_plx and not prism2_cs. I also knew I >>wasn't having any problems with prism2_cs on my gentoo box, but upon checking >>further, it is running an earlier version of linux-wlan-ng. >>I tried prism2_cs on my laptop with DL and also received the unresolved >>symbols. > > > :))) maybe we could do as heiko suggested and revert to pre16? > DONE We're down to pre16 Heiko |
|
From: Diego T. <dt...@co...> - 2004-03-22 01:49:24
|
On Sun, Mar 21, 2004 at 08:22:15PM -0500, Heiko Zuerker wrote: > >:))) maybe we could do as heiko suggested and revert to pre16? > > >=20 > DONE > We're down to pre16 i'll start a test compile right now. btw, about memtest+ The first version of Memtest86+ was released on early 2004, based on memtes= t86 v3.0 that was not updated since mid-2002. Our main challenge was to pro= vide an up-to-date version of this useful tool, as reliable than the origin= al. Our work started when we got the first AMD64 system. Unfortunatly, the = original memtest v3.0 didn't run at all. After looking at the source code, = we fixed the bug.After some days, I saw lot of other things like chipsets o= r CPU that were not correctly detected or not detected at all. As I'm the c= hief-editor of a french hardware website (www.x86-secret.com), I have acces= s to lot of recent hardware and I can test and debug on quite all available= motherboards on the market. After adding detection for all current CPUs, I= 've added detection for all current chipsets (SiS, VIA, nVidia, Intel) and = ECC Polling for AMD64, i875P and E7205. Then, I decided to display some use= ful settings for the most popular chipsets. For exemple, on i865PE/i875P se= ries, memtest86+ will now display FSB & Memory frequency, PAT status, memor= y timings, ECC status and the number of memory channels. Next version will = perhaps contain several enhancements and bug-fixes. wow!! we need it :) --=20 -- gnupg keyfingerprint -- 48AF 5BF9 8F54 2966 64CC 2327 7CD0 DD91 B09D 57= 99 -- Use of a keyboard or mouse may be linked to serious injuries or disorder= s. =20 Diego Torres - dtorres at anthalia dot org - Madrid / Espa=F1a |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2004-03-22 02:01:21
|
Diego Torres wrote: > On Sun, Mar 21, 2004 at 08:22:15PM -0500, Heiko Zuerker wrote: > >>>:))) maybe we could do as heiko suggested and revert to pre16? >>> >> >>DONE >>We're down to pre16 > > > i'll start a test compile right now. > > btw, about memtest+ > > The first version of Memtest86+ was released on early 2004, based on memtest86 v3.0 that was not updated since mid-2002. Our main challenge was to provide an up-to-date version of this useful tool, as reliable than the original. Our work started when we got the first AMD64 system. Unfortunatly, the original memtest v3.0 didn't run at all. After looking at the source code, we fixed the bug.After some days, I saw lot of other things like chipsets or CPU that were not correctly detected or not detected at all. As I'm the chief-editor of a french hardware website (www.x86-secret.com), I have access to lot of recent hardware and I can test and debug on quite all available motherboards on the market. After adding detection for all current CPUs, I've added detection for all current chipsets (SiS, VIA, nVidia, Intel) and ECC Polling for AMD64, i875P and E7205. Then, I decided to display some useful settings for the most popular chipsets. For exemple, on i865PE/i875P series, memtest 86+ will now display FSB & Memory frequency, PAT status, memory timings, ECC status and the number of memory channels. Next version will perhaps contain several enhancements and bug-fixes. > > wow!! we need it :) > So you volunteer to include it ? Heiko |
|
From: Diego T. <dt...@co...> - 2004-03-22 02:44:57
|
On Sun, Mar 21, 2004 at 08:58:19PM -0500, Heiko Zuerker wrote: > >most popular chipsets. For exemple, on i865PE/i875P series, memtest > 86+ will now display FSB & Memory frequency, PAT status, memory timings, > ECC status and the number of memory channels. Next version will perhaps > contain several enhancements and bug-fixes. > > > >wow!! we need it :) > > So you volunteer to include it ? bruce was first :) -- -- gnupg keyfingerprint -- 48AF 5BF9 8F54 2966 64CC 2327 7CD0 DD91 B09D 5799 -- Use of a keyboard or mouse may be linked to serious injuries or disorders. Diego Torres - dtorres at anthalia dot org - Madrid / España |
|
From: Bruce S. <bw...@ar...> - 2004-03-22 22:33:33
|
> > >most popular chipsets. For exemple, on i865PE/i875P series, memtest > > 86+ will now display FSB & Memory frequency, PAT status, memory timings, > > ECC status and the number of memory channels. Next version will perhaps > > contain several enhancements and bug-fixes. > > > > > >wow!! we need it :) > > > > So you volunteer to include it ? > > bruce was first :) I was only asking about it! :-) I don't think we need both. Should we replace memtest86 with memtest+? I could probably do it ... - BS |
|
From: Diego T. <dt...@co...> - 2004-03-22 23:23:27
|
On Mon, Mar 22, 2004 at 05:33:27PM -0500, Bruce Smith wrote: > > > >wow!! we need it :) > > > > > > So you volunteer to include it ? > > > > bruce was first :) > > I was only asking about it! :-) > > I don't think we need both. Should we replace memtest86 with memtest+? > I could probably do it ... i think that memtest+ is superior to memtest86, so... i say yes :) -- -- gnupg keyfingerprint -- 48AF 5BF9 8F54 2966 64CC 2327 7CD0 DD91 B09D 5799 -- Use of a keyboard or mouse may be linked to serious injuries or disorders. Diego Torres - dtorres at anthalia dot org - Madrid / España |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2004-03-23 00:56:19
|
Diego Torres wrote: > On Mon, Mar 22, 2004 at 05:33:27PM -0500, Bruce Smith wrote: > >>>>>wow!! we need it :) >>>> >>>>So you volunteer to include it ? >>> >>>bruce was first :) >> >>I was only asking about it! :-) >> >>I don't think we need both. Should we replace memtest86 with memtest+? >>I could probably do it ... > > > i think that memtest+ is superior to memtest86, so... i say yes :) Why not, let's give it a try. You could even make it selectable, which one should be included. Heiko |