|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2004-01-08 18:36:16
|
Hi Arnaud, > First, excuse me if this mail is not the proper way of sending > improvements to Devil Linux, as I have just subscribed to this list. Almost perfect. ;-) That's what we usually suggest: http://www.devil-linux.org/newdoc/ch03s03.html Do you have a URL where we get ifenslave ? > I have taken up Francois Dumont's work on IPv6 and bonding support. At > the moment, I have working support for both with just a few changes in > /etc/init.d/network. I have not rebuilt the CD distribution, though, > so the ifenslave binary (necessary for bonding) is just sitting in > /etc. The IPv6 routing syntax is derived from the IPv4 syntax in Devil > 1.0.x, but not the same because the : char is obviously needed in IPv6 > addresses. So I just used % as a separator because it was the first > choice that crossed my mind; is this correct or even important? Friedrich? You're the master of disaster, I mean routing. > I have attached a patch against /etc/init.d/network from Devil Linux > 1.0.4. The ifenslave binary I used is the one from my Fedora Core > workstation, which just happened to work. [....] > I hope I will be able to rebuild a working distro with ifenslave > included in the next few days. So I guess you even add ifenslave for us? Great :-)) -- Regards Heiko Zuerker http://www.devil-linux.org |
|
From: Arnaud Gomes-do-V. <Arn...@ir...> - 2004-01-08 23:54:03
|
"Heiko Zuerker" <he...@zu...> writes: > Do you have a URL where we get ifenslave ? /usr/src/linux/Documentation/networking/ifenslave.c :-) >> I hope I will be able to rebuild a working distro with ifenslave >> included in the next few days. > > So I guess you even add ifenslave for us? I will try anyway. I have also thought of a few possible bugs introduced by my patch, so expect a fixed version in a few days. -- Arnaud |
|
From: Friedrich L. <fl...@fl...> - 2004-01-09 00:17:17
|
Heiko Zuerker wrote on 08.01.2004 19:33 MET: > > Arnaud Gomes-do-Vale wrote: > >>I have taken up Francois Dumont's work on IPv6 and bonding support. At >>the moment, I have working support for both with just a few changes in >>/etc/init.d/network. I have not rebuilt the CD distribution, though, >>so the ifenslave binary (necessary for bonding) is just sitting in >>/etc. The IPv6 routing syntax is derived from the IPv4 syntax in Devil >>1.0.x, but not the same because the : char is obviously needed in IPv6 >>addresses. So I just used % as a separator because it was the first >>choice that crossed my mind; is this correct or even important? > > > Friedrich? You're the master of disaster, I mean routing. Heiko, you'll for sure get a revenge for that ;-) Arnaud Gomes-do-Vale wrote on 09.01.2004 00:53 MET: > >> ...I have also thought of a few possible bugs >> introduced by my patch, so expect a fixed version in a few days. I would prefere the '|' instead of the '%' then, but anyway send me your patches when you've reworked them and I will check them. -- MfG / Regards Friedrich Lobenstock ____________________________________________________________________ Friedrich Lobenstock Linux Services Lobenstock URL: http://www.lsl.at/ Email: fl...@fl... ____________________________________________________________________ |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2004-01-09 01:31:22
|
Friedrich Lobenstock wrote: > Heiko Zuerker wrote on 08.01.2004 19:33 MET: > >> >> Arnaud Gomes-do-Vale wrote: >> >>> I have taken up Francois Dumont's work on IPv6 and bonding support. At >>> the moment, I have working support for both with just a few changes in >>> /etc/init.d/network. I have not rebuilt the CD distribution, though, >>> so the ifenslave binary (necessary for bonding) is just sitting in >>> /etc. The IPv6 routing syntax is derived from the IPv4 syntax in Devil >>> 1.0.x, but not the same because the : char is obviously needed in IPv6 >>> addresses. So I just used % as a separator because it was the first >>> choice that crossed my mind; is this correct or even important? >> >> >> >> Friedrich? You're the master of disaster, I mean routing. > > > Heiko, you'll for sure get a revenge for that ;-) :-)) |
|
From: Friedrich L. <fl...@fl...> - 2004-01-09 02:39:27
|
Heiko Zuerker wrote on 09.01.2004 02:29 MET: > Friedrich Lobenstock wrote: > >> Heiko Zuerker wrote on 08.01.2004 19:33 MET: >> >>> Friedrich? You're the master of disaster, I mean routing. >> >> Heiko, you'll for sure get a revenge for that ;-) > > :-)) Just watch the commit mailinglist ;-) -- MfG / Regards Friedrich Lobenstock ____________________________________________________________________ Friedrich Lobenstock Linux Services Lobenstock URL: http://www.lsl.at/ Email: fl...@fl... ____________________________________________________________________ |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2004-01-09 03:26:17
|
Friedrich Lobenstock wrote: > Heiko Zuerker wrote on 09.01.2004 02:29 MET: > >> Friedrich Lobenstock wrote: >> >>> Heiko Zuerker wrote on 08.01.2004 19:33 MET: >>> >>>> Friedrich? You're the master of disaster, I mean routing. >>> >>> >>> Heiko, you'll for sure get a revenge for that ;-) >> >> >> :-)) > > > Just watch the commit mailinglist ;-) > "Gehe direkt ins Gefaegnis, gehe nicht ueber Los." ;-) Heiko |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2004-01-09 01:56:15
|
Friedrich Lobenstock wrote: > Heiko Zuerker wrote on 08.01.2004 19:33 MET: > >> >> Arnaud Gomes-do-Vale wrote: >> >>> ...I have also thought of a few possible bugs >>> introduced by my patch, so expect a fixed version in a few days. > > > I would prefere the '|' instead of the '%' then, but anyway send > me your patches when you've reworked them and I will check them. I actually would stay away from '|', since it's special meaning on the command line. What's about using the '@', this would even make sense since it means (at). Heiko |
|
From: Friedrich L. <fl...@fl...> - 2004-01-09 02:17:56
|
Heiko Zuerker wrote on 09.01.2004 02:53 MET: > Friedrich Lobenstock wrote: > >> I would prefere the '|' instead of the '%' then, but anyway send >> me your patches when you've reworked them and I will check them. > > I actually would stay away from '|', since it's special meaning on the > command line. What's about using the '@', this would even make sense > since it means (at). May I remind you that we are not on the command line. Take a look: with % IPV6ROUTE="3ffd:1:2::/48%3ffd:1:2:ffff::2" IPv6ROUTE="$IPV6ROUTE 3ffd:1:3::/48%3ffd:1:2:ffff::2" with @ IPV6ROUTE="3ffd:1:2::/48@3ffd:1:2:ffff::2" IPv6ROUTE="$IPV6ROUTE 3ffd:1:3::/48@3ffd:1:2:ffff::2" with | IPV6ROUTE="3ffd:1:2::/48|3ffd:1:2:ffff::2" IPv6ROUTE="$IPV6ROUTE 3ffd:1:3::/48|3ffd:1:2:ffff::2" IMO the '|' separates both sides optically better than '%' or '@' do because it comes closer to the ':'. -- MfG / Regards Friedrich Lobenstock ____________________________________________________________________ Friedrich Lobenstock Linux Services Lobenstock URL: http://www.lsl.at/ Email: fl...@fl... ____________________________________________________________________ |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2004-01-09 03:31:17
|
Friedrich Lobenstock wrote: > Heiko Zuerker wrote on 09.01.2004 02:53 MET: > >> Friedrich Lobenstock wrote: >> >>> I would prefere the '|' instead of the '%' then, but anyway send >>> me your patches when you've reworked them and I will check them. >> >> >> I actually would stay away from '|', since it's special meaning on the >> command line. What's about using the '@', this would even make sense >> since it means (at). > > > May I remind you that we are not on the command line. > > Take a look: > > with % > IPV6ROUTE="3ffd:1:2::/48%3ffd:1:2:ffff::2" > IPv6ROUTE="$IPV6ROUTE 3ffd:1:3::/48%3ffd:1:2:ffff::2" > > with @ > IPV6ROUTE="3ffd:1:2::/48@3ffd:1:2:ffff::2" > IPv6ROUTE="$IPV6ROUTE 3ffd:1:3::/48@3ffd:1:2:ffff::2" > > with | > IPV6ROUTE="3ffd:1:2::/48|3ffd:1:2:ffff::2" > IPv6ROUTE="$IPV6ROUTE 3ffd:1:3::/48|3ffd:1:2:ffff::2" > > IMO the '|' separates both sides optically better than '%' > or '@' do because it comes closer to the ':'. > OK let's vote about it, what do our co-developers/users want? ( Mails with anything else then @ are automatically disqualified ;-) ) Heiko |