|
From: Bruce S. <bw...@ar...> - 2003-10-30 13:40:42
|
Any idea what could be causing this? (mrproper, new lfssystem) I don't remember any changes with busybox lately ... gcc -I./include -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -Wshadow -Os -march=i386 -mpreferred-stack-boundary=2 -falign-functions=0 -falign-jumps=0 -falign-loops=0 -fomit-frame-pointer -D_GNU_SOURCE -DNDEBUG -c -o archival/tar.o archival/tar.c archival/tar.c: In function `exclude_file': archival/tar.c:329: `FNM_LEADING_DIR' undeclared (first use in this function) archival/tar.c:329: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once archival/tar.c:329: for each function it appears in.) make[1]: *** [archival/tar.o] Error 1 make[1]: Leaving directory `/data/build/tmp/busybox-1.00-pre3' ERROR /data/build/scripts/busybox build failed make: *** [build] Error 1 |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2003-10-30 14:11:28
|
> Any idea what could be causing this? (mrproper, new lfssystem) There were no changes. Unpack the busybox sources again or download it from www.busybox.net . Could it be that some other libraries cause problems ? -- Regards Heiko Zuerker http://www.devil-linux.org |
|
From: Bruce S. <bw...@ar...> - 2003-10-30 21:07:39
|
> > Any idea what could be causing this? (mrproper, new lfssystem) > > There were no changes. > Unpack the busybox sources again or download it from www.busybox.net . Same result. > Could it be that some other libraries cause problems ? No, I tracked it down. It's heimdal that's causing the problem. heimdal replaces "/usr/include/fnmatch.h" with it's own include, and that version doesn't define some constants needed by busybox. I'm not sure the right way to "fix" this problem. I could omit compiling heimdal from menuconfig ... :-) Or I could change the order so busybox compiles before heimdal, but I don't know what other packages after heimdal would abort. Or I could change the heimdal script to restore the include file after it's done compiling. Thoughts? - BS |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2003-10-30 21:16:20
|
>> Could it be that some other libraries cause problems ? > > No, I tracked it down. It's heimdal that's causing the problem. > heimdal replaces "/usr/include/fnmatch.h" with it's own include, > and that version doesn't define some constants needed by busybox. > > I'm not sure the right way to "fix" this problem. > > I could omit compiling heimdal from menuconfig ... :-) > > Or I could change the order so busybox compiles before heimdal, > but I don't know what other packages after heimdal would abort. > > Or I could change the heimdal script to restore the include file > after it's done compiling. Crap! I hate when that happens... Check out who else a fnmatch.h : find build/tmp -name "fnmatch\.h" For now I would say, let heimdal restore the original file. -- Regards Heiko Zuerker http://www.devil-linux.org |
|
From: Bruce S. <bw...@ar...> - 2003-10-30 21:26:44
|
> >> Could it be that some other libraries cause problems ? > > > > No, I tracked it down. It's heimdal that's causing the problem. > > heimdal replaces "/usr/include/fnmatch.h" with it's own include, > > and that version doesn't define some constants needed by busybox. > > > > I'm not sure the right way to "fix" this problem. > > > > I could omit compiling heimdal from menuconfig ... :-) > > > > Or I could change the order so busybox compiles before heimdal, > > but I don't know what other packages after heimdal would abort. > > > > Or I could change the heimdal script to restore the include file > > after it's done compiling. > > Crap! I hate when that happens... > Check out who else a fnmatch.h : find build/tmp -name "fnmatch\.h" Been there, done that (while tracking this down). -r--r--r-- 1 games 300 2606 Sep 14 1996 ./cdrtools-2.0/mkisofs/fnmatch.h -rw------- 1 4770 43 2373 Dec 5 2001 ./cpio-2.5/fnmatch.h -r--r--r-- 1 9080 bin 2349 Sep 26 1994 ./findutils-4.1/lib/fnmatch.h -rw-r--r-- 1 3508 43 2426 Mar 14 2001 ./gcc-3.2.3/include/fnmatch.h -rw-r--r-- 1 fred fred 84 Aug 4 2002 ./glibc-2.3.2/include/fnmatch.h -rw-r--r-- 1 fred fred 2998 Jul 7 2001 ./glibc-2.3.2/posix/fnmatch.h -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 2436 Mar 4 2001 ./grep-2.5/lib/fnmatch.h -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 2285 Oct 30 15:33 ./heimdal-0.6/include/fnmatch.h -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 2285 Oct 30 15:33 ./heimdal-0.6/lib/roken/fnmatch.h -rw-r--r-- 1 104 503 3028 Mar 26 2001 ./lftp-2.6.6/lib/fnmatch.h -rwxr----- 1 root root 1416 Jan 2 1997 ./pd-cvs-1.10.8-PD2/lib/fnmatch.h -rw-r--r-- 1 2161 2161 2959 Mar 10 2000 ./rpm-4.0.4/misc/fnmatch.h -rw-r--r-- 1 501 501 2998 Sep 27 2001 ./uClibc-0.9.19/include/fnmatch.h Lots of different sizes. Which one is the "right" one? :-) > For now I would say, let heimdal restore the original file. It appears that heimdal replaces about 40 include files, judging from the modification times of the files in /usr/include. What other problems is this going to cause? Should we make heimdal compile dead last? (if so, how do I do that?) Or switch back to krb5 ... ? :-) Or is there some way to compile heimdal and tell it NOT to be mucking with our /usr/include directory? (the best option IMO) - BS |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2003-10-31 01:01:18
|
Bruce Smith wrote: >>>>Could it be that some other libraries cause problems ? >>>> >>>> >>>No, I tracked it down. It's heimdal that's causing the problem. >>>heimdal replaces "/usr/include/fnmatch.h" with it's own include, >>>and that version doesn't define some constants needed by busybox. >>> >>>I'm not sure the right way to "fix" this problem. >>> >>>I could omit compiling heimdal from menuconfig ... :-) >>> >>>Or I could change the order so busybox compiles before heimdal, >>>but I don't know what other packages after heimdal would abort. >>> >>>Or I could change the heimdal script to restore the include file >>>after it's done compiling. >>> >>> >>Crap! I hate when that happens... >>Check out who else a fnmatch.h : find build/tmp -name "fnmatch\.h" >> >> > >Been there, done that (while tracking this down). > >-r--r--r-- 1 games 300 2606 Sep 14 1996 ./cdrtools-2.0/mkisofs/fnmatch.h >-rw------- 1 4770 43 2373 Dec 5 2001 ./cpio-2.5/fnmatch.h >-r--r--r-- 1 9080 bin 2349 Sep 26 1994 ./findutils-4.1/lib/fnmatch.h >-rw-r--r-- 1 3508 43 2426 Mar 14 2001 ./gcc-3.2.3/include/fnmatch.h >-rw-r--r-- 1 fred fred 84 Aug 4 2002 ./glibc-2.3.2/include/fnmatch.h >-rw-r--r-- 1 fred fred 2998 Jul 7 2001 ./glibc-2.3.2/posix/fnmatch.h >-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 2436 Mar 4 2001 ./grep-2.5/lib/fnmatch.h >-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 2285 Oct 30 15:33 ./heimdal-0.6/include/fnmatch.h >-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 2285 Oct 30 15:33 ./heimdal-0.6/lib/roken/fnmatch.h >-rw-r--r-- 1 104 503 3028 Mar 26 2001 ./lftp-2.6.6/lib/fnmatch.h >-rwxr----- 1 root root 1416 Jan 2 1997 ./pd-cvs-1.10.8-PD2/lib/fnmatch.h >-rw-r--r-- 1 2161 2161 2959 Mar 10 2000 ./rpm-4.0.4/misc/fnmatch.h >-rw-r--r-- 1 501 501 2998 Sep 27 2001 ./uClibc-0.9.19/include/fnmatch.h > >Lots of different sizes. Which one is the "right" one? :-) > > I would say the glibc one. >>For now I would say, let heimdal restore the original file. >> >> > >It appears that heimdal replaces about 40 include files, judging from >the modification times of the files in /usr/include. What other >problems is this going to cause? > >Should we make heimdal compile dead last? (if so, how do I do that?) >Or switch back to krb5 ... ? :-) > >Or is there some way to compile heimdal and tell it NOT to be mucking >with our /usr/include directory? (the best option IMO) > > krb5 was installed into a separate directory, looks like we should do this again. I'll document a bug . cya Heiko |
|
From: Bruce S. <bw...@ar...> - 2003-10-31 04:14:56
|
> >Or is there some way to compile heimdal and tell it NOT to be mucking > >with our /usr/include directory? (the best option IMO) > > > krb5 was installed into a separate directory, looks like we should do > this again. It installs in it's own directory by default. What problems would it cause if we let it do that? Do other packages need it's includes or libs? Which ones? BTW, moving busybox to compile after heimdal didn't help much, other packages started aborting. I disabled heimdal in my build for now. - BS |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2003-10-31 13:45:30
|
Bruce Smith wrote: >>>Or is there some way to compile heimdal and tell it NOT to be mucking >>>with our /usr/include directory? (the best option IMO) >>> >>> >>> >>krb5 was installed into a separate directory, looks like we should do >>this again. >> >> > >It installs in it's own directory by default. What problems would it >cause if we let it do that? Do other packages need it's includes or >libs? Which ones? > >BTW, moving busybox to compile after heimdal didn't help much, other >packages started aborting. I disabled heimdal in my build for now. > > We need heimdal for krb5 support for other programs. Once the new lfssystem, new gcc and new stacksmashing protector are compiling fine, I'll check on it. Heiko |
|
From: Bruce S. <bw...@ar...> - 2003-10-31 13:57:38
|
> >It installs in it's own directory by default. What problems would it > >cause if we let it do that? Do other packages need it's includes or > >libs? Which ones? > > > We need heimdal for krb5 support for other programs. Which programs? I turned off heimdal last night, and I successfully compile an ISO for the first time in about a week (mrproper, and new lfssystem). I a little surprised that nothing aborted for lack of krb5 includes/libraries. Would it work to get rid of our --prefix and it it go to the default directory: /usr/heimdal ? What other programs would have to be modified to look for it in that directory? - BS |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2003-10-31 14:21:20
|
Bruce Smith wrote: >>>It installs in it's own directory by default. What problems would it >>>cause if we let it do that? Do other packages need it's includes or >>>libs? Which ones? >>> >>> >>> >>We need heimdal for krb5 support for other programs. >> >> > >Which programs? I turned off heimdal last night, and I successfully >compile an ISO for the first time in about a week (mrproper, and new >lfssystem). I a little surprised that nothing aborted for lack of krb5 >includes/libraries. > > Most of them configure it dynamically. >Would it work to get rid of our --prefix and it it go to the default >directory: /usr/heimdal ? What other programs would have to be >modified to look for it in that directory? > > I actually don't like /usr/heimdal , since it would end up in this folder on the CD, too. Check what I did with krb5 in the 1.0 version, that worked out pretty well. Then we would have to enable it specifically for the programs we want to use it (i.e. ssh). Heiko |
|
From: Bruce S. <bw...@ar...> - 2003-10-31 20:19:32
|
> >>We need heimdal for krb5 support for other programs. > > > >Which programs? I turned off heimdal last night, and I successfully > >compile an ISO for the first time in about a week (mrproper, and new > >lfssystem). I a little surprised that nothing aborted for lack of krb5 > >includes/libraries. > > > Most of them configure it dynamically. I'm missing something here ... (see below) > >Would it work to get rid of our --prefix and it it go to the default > >directory: /usr/heimdal ? What other programs would have to be > >modified to look for it in that directory? > > > I actually don't like /usr/heimdal , since it would end up in this > folder on the CD, too. > > Check what I did with krb5 in the 1.0 version, that worked out pretty well. > Then we would have to enable it specifically for the programs we want to > use it (i.e. ssh). OK, I see what you did with krb5 in 1.0, but I can't see where you did anything in the other scripts (i.e. ssh) to find the krb5 libraries. I don't have any need for it, so I'll wait for you to fix it. :-) - BS |
|
From: Diego T. <dt...@co...> - 2003-10-30 21:47:26
|
On Thu, Oct 30, 2003 at 04:26:42PM -0500, Bruce Smith wrote: > > >> Could it be that some other libraries cause problems ? > > > > > > No, I tracked it down. It's heimdal that's causing the problem. > > > heimdal replaces "/usr/include/fnmatch.h" with it's own include, > > > and that version doesn't define some constants needed by busybox. > > > > > > I'm not sure the right way to "fix" this problem. cute solution would be to force heimdal to use its own fnmatch.h and to not replace anything... :) -- -- gnupg keyfingerprint -- 48AF 5BF9 8F54 2966 64CC 2327 7CD0 DD91 B09D 5799 -- Use of a keyboard or mouse may be linked to serious injuries or disorders. Diego Torres - dt...@co... - Madrid / España |
|
From: Bruce S. <bw...@ar...> - 2003-10-30 21:51:48
|
> > > >> Could it be that some other libraries cause problems ? > > > > > > > > No, I tracked it down. It's heimdal that's causing the problem. > > > > heimdal replaces "/usr/include/fnmatch.h" with it's own include, > > > > and that version doesn't define some constants needed by busybox. > > > > > > > > I'm not sure the right way to "fix" this problem. > > cute solution would be to force heimdal to use its own fnmatch.h and to not replace anything... :) The problem is probably caused by the "make install" in the build section of the heimdal script (with a prefix of /usr). I assume that's required? We can't prefix it somewhere else? For now, I changed the order so busybox compiles after heimdal. - BS |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2003-10-31 21:31:19
|
Bruce Smith wrote: >>>>We need heimdal for krb5 support for other programs. >>>> >>>> >>>Which programs? I turned off heimdal last night, and I successfully >>>compile an ISO for the first time in about a week (mrproper, and new >>>lfssystem). I a little surprised that nothing aborted for lack of krb5 >>>includes/libraries. >>> >>> >>> >>Most of them configure it dynamically. >> >> > >I'm missing something here ... (see below) > > > >>>Would it work to get rid of our --prefix and it it go to the default >>>directory: /usr/heimdal ? What other programs would have to be >>>modified to look for it in that directory? >>> >>> >>> >>I actually don't like /usr/heimdal , since it would end up in this >>folder on the CD, too. >> >>Check what I did with krb5 in the 1.0 version, that worked out pretty well. >>Then we would have to enable it specifically for the programs we want to >>use it (i.e. ssh). >> >> > >OK, I see what you did with krb5 in 1.0, but I can't see where you did >anything in the other scripts (i.e. ssh) to find the krb5 libraries. > >I don't have any need for it, so I'll wait for you to fix it. :-) > > I thought I enabled it for a couple programs..... I guess my memories are fading. ;-) cya Heiko |
|
From: Bruce S. <bw...@ar...> - 2003-10-31 21:36:44
|
> >>>Would it work to get rid of our --prefix and it it go to the default > >>>directory: /usr/heimdal ? What other programs would have to be > >>>modified to look for it in that directory? > >>> > >>I actually don't like /usr/heimdal , since it would end up in this > >>folder on the CD, too. > >> > >>Check what I did with krb5 in the 1.0 version, that worked out pretty well. > >>Then we would have to enable it specifically for the programs we want to > >>use it (i.e. ssh). > > > >OK, I see what you did with krb5 in 1.0, but I can't see where you did > >anything in the other scripts (i.e. ssh) to find the krb5 libraries. > > > >I don't have any need for it, so I'll wait for you to fix it. :-) > > > I thought I enabled it for a couple programs..... You may have, but I don't see it. Of course, I don't know what I'm looking for ... :-) > I guess my memories are fading. ;-) That could be too. :-) - BS |