|
From: Heiko Z. <hz...@pr...> - 2003-10-01 14:43:22
|
On 09/30/2003 11:09:16 PM Bruce Smith wrote: >I ran a fresh mrproper compile, and the build for "hostap" crapped all= >over itself. :-( When something like this happens, wipe out the lfssystem. Heiko = |
|
From: Heiko Z. <hz...@pr...> - 2003-10-01 15:23:31
|
On 10/01/2003 11:08:11 AM Bruce Smith wrote: >> >I ran a fresh mrproper compile, and the build for "hostap" crapped >all >> >over itself. :-( >> >> When something like this happens, wipe out the lfssystem. > >When something like what happens? > >Is there a way to tell an abort that needs a new lfssytem >from an abort caused by a DL bug? Hostap is a package which didn't get modified for a while. So when the compile breakes there are 2 possible reasons: 1) lfssystem is f*** up from all the testing 2) something else broke it (new package, different kernel, etc.) Most of the time it's 1) and 1) is also easier to try out. ;-) cya Heiko = |
|
From: Manu <ee...@fr...> - 2003-10-01 16:57:18
|
Heiko Zuerker a écrit: >On 10/01/2003 11:08:11 AM Bruce Smith wrote: > > >>>>I ran a fresh mrproper compile, and the build for "hostap" crapped >>>> >>>> >>all >> >> >>>>over itself. :-( >>>> >>>> >>>When something like this happens, wipe out the lfssystem. >>> >>> >>When something like what happens? >> >>Is there a way to tell an abort that needs a new lfssytem >> >> >>from an abort caused by a DL bug? > >Hostap is a package which didn't get modified for a while. >So when the compile breakes there are 2 possible reasons: >1) lfssystem is f*** up from all the testing >2) something else broke it (new package, different kernel, etc.) > > The compilation of hostap package has to do with the kernel pcmcia stuff ... i'd guess it's more likely 2) anyway i'll look at it in a very few days (maybe hours) i promise, so just disable it in menuconfig for a while cya MaNU >Most of the time it's 1) and 1) is also easier to try out. ;-) > >cya > Heiko > > > > >------------------------------------------------------- >This sf.net email is sponsored by:ThinkGeek >Welcome to geek heaven. >http://thinkgeek.com/sf >_______________________________________________ >Devil-linux-develop mailing list >Dev...@li... >https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/devil-linux-develop > > > > |
|
From: Bruce S. <bw...@ar...> - 2003-10-01 17:01:40
|
> > Hostap is a package which didn't get modified for a while. > > So when the compile breakes there are 2 possible reasons: > > 1) lfssystem is f*** up from all the testing > > 2) something else broke it (new package, different kernel, etc.) > > > The compilation of hostap package has to do with the kernel pcmcia > stuff ... i'd guess it's more likely 2) > > anyway i'll look at it in a very few days (maybe hours) i promise, so > just disable it in menuconfig for a while I downloaded the latest source for hostap, and am running a compile now (with a new lfssystem). I'll let you know if it works. - BS |
|
From: Bruce S. <bw...@ar...> - 2003-10-02 18:57:07
|
> > The compilation of hostap package has to do with the kernel pcmcia > > stuff ... i'd guess it's more likely 2) > > > > anyway i'll look at it in a very few days (maybe hours) i promise, so > > just disable it in menuconfig for a while > > I downloaded the latest source for hostap, and am running a compile now > (with a new lfssystem). I'll let you know if it works. OK, I tried the latest version of hostap, and it aborted too. However, I moved it to compile AFTER pcmcia-cs (instead of before) and the compile finished. Hope that's OK (changes are uploaded). - BS |
|
From: Manu <ee...@fr...> - 2003-10-02 20:58:20
|
Bruce Smith a écrit: >>>The compilation of hostap package has to do with the kernel pcmcia >>>stuff ... i'd guess it's more likely 2) >>> >>>anyway i'll look at it in a very few days (maybe hours) i promise, so >>>just disable it in menuconfig for a while >>> >>> >>I downloaded the latest source for hostap, and am running a compile now >>(with a new lfssystem). I'll let you know if it works. >> >> > >OK, I tried the latest version of hostap, and it aborted too. > >However, I moved it to compile AFTER pcmcia-cs (instead of before) and >the compile finished. Hope that's OK (changes are uploaded). > I don't think as, in case you use pcmcia-cs, during build of hostap driver, it adds some files in the source tree and modifies the pcmcia-cs makefile to make this one compile the cs version of the driver; so it MUST be compiled prior to pcmcia-cs. I'll had to look at the build / install scripts as i remember (i quickly look at 0.0.4 sources 2 month ago) they do lots of changes in their makefile so things are not as trivial as updating source package :-( I'll have some time to spend on DL and wifi in the very next days so if you don't intend to release 1.0 tomorrow ... ;-) (i've quite finished some hard work on my house to be quiet for this winter ...) cya MaNU > > - BS > > > > >------------------------------------------------------- >This sf.net email is sponsored by:ThinkGeek >Welcome to geek heaven. >http://thinkgeek.com/sf >_______________________________________________ >Devil-linux-develop mailing list >Dev...@li... >https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/devil-linux-develop > > > > |
|
From: Bruce S. <bw...@ar...> - 2003-10-02 21:09:04
|
> I don't think as, in case you use pcmcia-cs, during build of hostap > driver, it adds some files in the source tree and modifies the > pcmcia-cs makefile to make this one compile the cs version of the > driver; so it MUST be compiled prior to pcmcia-cs. Maybe pcmcia-cs should be compiled, then hostap, then pcmcia-cs AGAIN? (just guessing, FWIW :) > I'll had to look at the build / install scripts as i remember (i > quickly look at 0.0.4 sources 2 month ago) they do lots of changes in > their makefile so things are not as trivial as updating source package > :-( > > I'll have some time to spend on DL and wifi in the very next days so > if you don't intend to release 1.0 tomorrow ... ;-) No problem. I'll let you fix it. Keep in mind what I've done so far, and feel free to undo anything I shouldn't have done. :-) - BS |
|
From: Heiko Z. <hz...@pr...> - 2003-10-02 21:25:49
|
On 10/02/2003 04:57:46 PM Manu wrote: >Bruce Smith a =E9crit: > >The compilation of hostap package has to do with the kernel pcmcia >stuff ... i'd guess it's more likely 2) > >anyway i'll look at it in a very few days (maybe hours) i promise, so >just disable it in menuconfig for a while > > >I downloaded the latest source for hostap, and am running a compile no= w >(with a new lfssystem). I'll let you know if it works. > > >OK, I tried the latest version of hostap, and it aborted too. > >However, I moved it to compile AFTER pcmcia-cs (instead of before) and= >the compile finished. Hope that's OK (changes are uploaded). > >I don't think as, in case you use pcmcia-cs, during build of hostap >driver, it adds some files in the source tree and modifies the >pcmcia-cs makefile to make this one compile the cs version of the >driver; so it MUST be compiled prior to pcmcia-cs. > >I'll had to look at the build / install scripts as i remember (i >quickly look at 0.0.4 sources 2 month ago) they do lots of changes in >their makefile so things are not as trivial as updating source package= >:-( > >I'll have some time to spend on DL and wifi in the very next days so i= f >you don't intend to release 1.0 tomorrow ... ;-) We'll wait for you. ;-) >(i've quite finished some hard work on my house to be quiet for this >winter ...) I hate winter.... Heiko = |
|
From: Manu <ee...@fr...> - 2003-10-02 22:04:35
|
Heiko Zuerker a écrit: >On 10/02/2003 04:57:46 PM Manu wrote: > > >>Bruce Smith a écrit: >> >>The compilation of hostap package has to do with the kernel pcmcia >>stuff ... i'd guess it's more likely 2) >> >>anyway i'll look at it in a very few days (maybe hours) i promise, so >>just disable it in menuconfig for a while >> >> >>I downloaded the latest source for hostap, and am running a compile now >>(with a new lfssystem). I'll let you know if it works. >> >> >>OK, I tried the latest version of hostap, and it aborted too. >> >>However, I moved it to compile AFTER pcmcia-cs (instead of before) and >>the compile finished. Hope that's OK (changes are uploaded). >> >>I don't think as, in case you use pcmcia-cs, during build of hostap >>driver, it adds some files in the source tree and modifies the >>pcmcia-cs makefile to make this one compile the cs version of the >>driver; so it MUST be compiled prior to pcmcia-cs. >> >>I'll had to look at the build / install scripts as i remember (i >>quickly look at 0.0.4 sources 2 month ago) they do lots of changes in >>their makefile so things are not as trivial as updating source package >>:-( >> >>I'll have some time to spend on DL and wifi in the very next days so if >>you don't intend to release 1.0 tomorrow ... ;-) >> >> > >We'll wait for you. ;-) > Love that ... ;-) > > > >>(i've quite finished some hard work on my house to be quiet for this >>winter ...) >> >> > >I hate winter.... > So Do I ! I DO prefer Wakeboard or Funboard than Snowboard ... BTW there's still a pb if you update sources from a mirror (i've dowloaded from Lille) and then from the main site to be very up to date ... it will (re)download same packages :-( cya MaNU > >Heiko > > > > >------------------------------------------------------- >This sf.net email is sponsored by:ThinkGeek >Welcome to geek heaven. >http://thinkgeek.com/sf >_______________________________________________ >Devil-linux-develop mailing list >Dev...@li... >https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/devil-linux-develop > > > > |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2003-10-02 23:31:20
|
Manu wrote: >>>(i've quite finished some hard work on my house to be quiet for this >>>winter ...) >>> >>> >> >>I hate winter.... >> > > So Do I ! I DO prefer Wakeboard or Funboard than Snowboard ... > > BTW there's still a pb if you update sources from a mirror (i've > dowloaded from Lille) and then from the main site to be very up to date > ... it will (re)download same packages :-( I guess the file dates are not the same, but I'm too lazy to check it (just had dinner). ;-) Heiko |
|
From: Bruce S. <bw...@ar...> - 2003-10-01 15:08:13
|
> >I ran a fresh mrproper compile, and the build for "hostap" crapped all > >over itself. :-( > > When something like this happens, wipe out the lfssystem. When something like what happens? Is there a way to tell an abort that needs a new lfssytem from an abort caused by a DL bug? - BS |