|
From: Dean N. <di...@ti...> - 2003-09-22 01:07:55
|
Well, it wouldn't be a new release if I didn't complain about something, would it? :-) -Bug #1 Changed Root Un-Mounting old Filesystems umount: /mnt: device is busy -Bug #2 (Got the error in two different places. The first one was while doing "updating module configuration") depmod: *** Unresolved symbols in /lib/modules/2.4.22-grsec/kernel/drivers/usb/pwcx.o depmod: *** Unresolved symbols in /lib/modules/2.4.22-grsec/kernel/drivers/usb/pwcx.o -Bug #3 Setting GRSecurity parameters: /etc/init.d/rc3.d/S99grsecurity: line 24: /proc/sys/kernel/grsecurity/altered_pings: No such file or directory -Bug #4 grsec: attempted resource overstep by requesting 4096 for RLIMIT_CORE against limit 0 by (master:1256) UID(0) EUID(0), parent (init:1) UID(0) EUID(0) -Bug #5 INIT: Id "8" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes (This is procinfo. When I go to that window, I see a lot of errors: "Please specify terminal type". I get this error in both "standard" mode and "VESA" mode.) -Possible bug Enabling SAGATOR and ClamAV induced Linux's Out Of Memory process killer. My machine has 64MB. [Note: This was before I even started Postfix! Though the Postfix jail had been created.] -Bug #6 On Shutdown: Unmounting file systems...umount: /dev/root busy - remounted read-only -Bug #7 And guess what - it STILL didn't powerdown the system! Dean Nedelman TimeLord Consulting |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2003-09-22 01:46:24
|
CRAP ! I hate you! ;-) Thanks for the bug report. I guess that release isn't the best, I'll take it off the FTP server before more people complain. It'll take at least until beginning of next week, before I can fix anything. cya Heiko Dean Nedelman wrote: > Well, it wouldn't be a new release if I didn't complain about something, > would it? :-) > > -Bug #1 > Changed Root > Un-Mounting old Filesystems > umount: /mnt: device is busy > > -Bug #2 (Got the error in two different places. The first one was while > doing "updating module configuration") > depmod: *** Unresolved symbols in > /lib/modules/2.4.22-grsec/kernel/drivers/usb/pwcx.o > depmod: *** Unresolved symbols in > /lib/modules/2.4.22-grsec/kernel/drivers/usb/pwcx.o > > -Bug #3 > Setting GRSecurity parameters: /etc/init.d/rc3.d/S99grsecurity: line 24: > /proc/sys/kernel/grsecurity/altered_pings: No such file or directory > > -Bug #4 > grsec: attempted resource overstep by requesting 4096 for RLIMIT_CORE > against limit 0 by (master:1256) UID(0) EUID(0), parent (init:1) UID(0) > EUID(0) > > -Bug #5 > INIT: Id "8" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes > (This is procinfo. When I go to that window, I see a lot of errors: > "Please specify terminal type". I get this error in both "standard" mode > and "VESA" mode.) > > -Possible bug > Enabling SAGATOR and ClamAV induced Linux's Out Of Memory process killer. > My machine has 64MB. [Note: This was before I even started Postfix! Though > the Postfix jail had been created.] > > -Bug #6 > On Shutdown: > Unmounting file systems...umount: /dev/root busy - remounted read-only > > -Bug #7 > And guess what - it STILL didn't powerdown the system! > > Dean Nedelman > TimeLord Consulting |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2003-09-29 00:58:40
|
Dean Nedelman wrote: > Well, it wouldn't be a new release if I didn't complain about something, > would it? :-) > > -Bug #1 > Changed Root > Un-Mounting old Filesystems > umount: /mnt: device is busy I took the initrd/boot system apart, nothing is wrong there. Let's wait for the next Kernel release, there were a few initrd fixes. > -Bug #2 (Got the error in two different places. The first one was while > doing "updating module configuration") > depmod: *** Unresolved symbols in > /lib/modules/2.4.22-grsec/kernel/drivers/usb/pwcx.o > depmod: *** Unresolved symbols in > /lib/modules/2.4.22-grsec/kernel/drivers/usb/pwcx.o still open > -Bug #3 > Setting GRSecurity parameters: /etc/init.d/rc3.d/S99grsecurity: line 24: > /proc/sys/kernel/grsecurity/altered_pings: No such file or directory fixed by Bruce > -Bug #4 > grsec: attempted resource overstep by requesting 4096 for RLIMIT_CORE > against limit 0 by (master:1256) UID(0) EUID(0), parent (init:1) UID(0) > EUID(0) hmmmm.... I don't get that error > -Bug #5 > INIT: Id "8" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes > (This is procinfo. When I go to that window, I see a lot of errors: > "Please specify terminal type". I get this error in both "standard" mode > and "VESA" mode.) fixed by Bruce > -Possible bug > Enabling SAGATOR and ClamAV induced Linux's Out Of Memory process killer. > My machine has 64MB. [Note: This was before I even started Postfix! Though > the Postfix jail had been created.] I changed the shmfs to the default size ( = RAM / 2 ). Let's see how that behaves. > -Bug #6 > On Shutdown: > Unmounting file systems...umount: /dev/root busy - remounted read-only that's the same cause as bug #1 > -Bug #7 > And guess what - it STILL didn't powerdown the system! My VMWare turns off without any problems..... cya Heiko |
|
From: Bruce S. <bw...@ar...> - 2003-09-29 01:44:09
|
> > -Bug #1 > > Changed Root > > Un-Mounting old Filesystems > > umount: /mnt: device is busy > > I took the initrd/boot system apart, nothing is wrong there. > Let's wait for the next Kernel release, there were a few initrd fixes. I also tried a bunch of different stuff to fix that problem. I tried the umount in many different places, and I ran a bunch of debug stuff. I never got it to umount. fuser says the kernel is using it. On my system I changed code so the directory name where it's mounted is named /initrd (new dir) instead of /mnt. That way it shouldn't conflict with anything that wants to mount something under /mnt. I'll upload those changes tomorrow as a temp "fix", unless I hear a better idea. - BS |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2003-09-29 02:27:38
|
Bruce Smith wrote: >>>-Bug #1 >>>Changed Root >>>Un-Mounting old Filesystems >>>umount: /mnt: device is busy >> >>I took the initrd/boot system apart, nothing is wrong there. >>Let's wait for the next Kernel release, there were a few initrd fixes. > > > I also tried a bunch of different stuff to fix that problem. > > I tried the umount in many different places, and I ran a bunch of debug > stuff. I never got it to umount. fuser says the kernel is using it. I even reduced the scripts to the absolute minimum, at the latest then I would have had worked. Let's see what happens with the next Kernel release. > On my system I changed code so the directory name where it's mounted is > named /initrd (new dir) instead of /mnt. That way it shouldn't conflict > with anything that wants to mount something under /mnt. I'll upload > those changes tomorrow as a temp "fix", unless I hear a better idea. That's good, I have no idea why we (or I?) used /mnt for it. cya Heiko |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2003-09-29 23:56:20
|
Heiko Zuerker wrote: > Dean Nedelman wrote: >> -Bug #7 >> And guess what - it STILL didn't powerdown the system! > > > My VMWare turns off without any problems..... You could try changing power_off=2 in /etc/modules.conf cya Heiko |
|
From: Dean N. <di...@ti...> - 2003-09-30 14:50:33
|
>Heiko Zuerker wrote: >> Dean Nedelman wrote: >>> -Bug #7 >>> And guess what - it STILL didn't powerdown the system! >> >> >> My VMWare turns off without any problems..... > >You could try changing power_off=2 in /etc/modules.conf Well, I tried something similar: $ rmmod apm $ modprobe apm power_off=2 $ shutdown -h now And no change. I also tried $ modprobe apm realmode_power_off=1 And that didn't work either. Dean |
|
From: Bruce S. <bw...@ar...> - 2003-09-30 15:11:29
|
> >>> And guess what - it STILL didn't powerdown the system! > >> > >> My VMWare turns off without any problems..... > > > >You could try changing power_off=2 in /etc/modules.conf > > Well, I tried something similar: > $ rmmod apm > $ modprobe apm power_off=2 > $ shutdown -h now > > And no change. I also tried > $ modprobe apm realmode_power_off=1 > > And that didn't work either. On VMware 4, it didn't work until I actually edited /etc/modules.conf and changed "options apm power_off=1" to "options apm power_off=2". Try editing /etc/modules.conf and running save-config. - BS |
|
From: Dean N. <di...@ti...> - 2003-09-30 23:30:44
|
>> >>> And guess what - it STILL didn't powerdown the system! >> >> >> >> My VMWare turns off without any problems..... >> > >> >You could try changing power_off=2 in /etc/modules.conf >> >> Well, I tried something similar: >> $ rmmod apm >> $ modprobe apm power_off=2 >> $ shutdown -h now >> >> And no change. I also tried >> $ modprobe apm realmode_power_off=1 >> >> And that didn't work either. > >On VMware 4, it didn't work until I actually edited /etc/modules.conf >and changed "options apm power_off=1" to "options apm power_off=2". > >Try editing /etc/modules.conf and running save-config. Tried - no change. System still didn't power down. Dean ------------------------------------------------------- This sf.net email is sponsored by:ThinkGeek Welcome to geek heaven. http://thinkgeek.com/sf _______________________________________________ Devil-linux-develop mailing list Dev...@li... https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/devil-linux-develop |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2003-09-30 23:45:16
|
Dean Nedelman wrote: >>>>>>And guess what - it STILL didn't powerdown the system! >>>>> >>>>>My VMWare turns off without any problems..... >>>> >>>>You could try changing power_off=2 in /etc/modules.conf >>> >>>Well, I tried something similar: >>>$ rmmod apm >>>$ modprobe apm power_off=2 >>>$ shutdown -h now >>> >>>And no change. I also tried >>>$ modprobe apm realmode_power_off=1 >>> >>>And that didn't work either. >> >>On VMware 4, it didn't work until I actually edited /etc/modules.conf >>and changed "options apm power_off=1" to "options apm power_off=2". >> >>Try editing /etc/modules.conf and running save-config. > > > Tried - no change. System still didn't power down. I have no clue, sorry. Heiko |