|
From: Bruce S. <bw...@ar...> - 2003-09-12 13:05:53
|
Updated from CVS & src last night. Installed new lfssystem. Build of Python abort on "cp". Fixed, change just committed. Started over with new mrproper. Now python-ldap build aborts. Your turn to fix. (since I don't understand the abort :) make[1]: Entering directory `/data/build/tmp/python-ldap-20011022' cd Modules && make srcdir=/data/build/tmp/python-ldap-20011022/Modules VPATH=/data/build/tmp/python-ldap-20011022/Modules make[2]: Entering directory `/data/build/tmp/python-ldap-20011022/Modules' i586-pc-linux-gnu-gcc -pthread -fPIC -DNDEBUG -g -O3 -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -I/data/build/tmp/Python-install/usr/include/python2.3 -I/data/build/tmp/Python-install/usr/lib/python2.3/config @DEFS@ -I. -DLDAP_REFERRALS -I/data/build/tmp/openldap-1.2.13/include -c /data/build/tmp/python-ldap-20011022/Modules/./LDAPObject.c -o ./LDAPObject.o i586-pc-linux-gnu-gcc: cannot specify -o with -c or -S and multiple compilations make[2]: *** [LDAPObject.o] Error 1 make[2]: Leaving directory `/data/build/tmp/python-ldap-20011022/Modules' make[1]: *** [_ldapmodule-build] Error 2 make[1]: Leaving directory `/data/build/tmp/python-ldap-20011022' ERROR /data/build/scripts/python-ldap build failed make: *** [build] Error 1 Also, I had to fix ftp file permissions, twice. (again ... :-) What ftp client do you use to upload sources? Let me know and I'll see if it has some kind of umask command, and if it has a startup file for that command. - BS |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2003-09-13 13:05:33
|
Bruce Smith wrote: > Updated from CVS & src last night. Installed new lfssystem. > > Build of Python abort on "cp". Fixed, change just committed. > > Started over with new mrproper. Now python-ldap build aborts. > Your turn to fix. (since I don't understand the abort :) > > > make[1]: Entering directory `/data/build/tmp/python-ldap-20011022' > cd Modules && make srcdir=/data/build/tmp/python-ldap-20011022/Modules > VPATH=/data/build/tmp/python-ldap-20011022/Modules > make[2]: Entering directory `/data/build/tmp/python-ldap-20011022/Modules' > i586-pc-linux-gnu-gcc -pthread -fPIC -DNDEBUG -g -O3 -Wall > -Wstrict-prototypes > -I/data/build/tmp/Python-install/usr/include/python2.3 > -I/data/build/tmp/Python-install/usr/lib/python2.3/config @DEFS@ -I. > -DLDAP_REFERRALS -I/data/build/tmp/openldap-1.2.13/include -c > /data/build/tmp/python-ldap-20011022/Modules/./LDAPObject.c -o > ./LDAPObject.o > i586-pc-linux-gnu-gcc: cannot specify -o with -c or -S and multiple > compilations > make[2]: *** [LDAPObject.o] Error 1 > make[2]: Leaving directory > `/data/build/tmp/python-ldap-20011022/Modules' > make[1]: *** [_ldapmodule-build] Error 2 > make[1]: Leaving directory `/data/build/tmp/python-ldap-20011022' > ERROR > /data/build/scripts/python-ldap build failed > make: *** [build] Error 1 Strange, that should not have happened. > > Also, I had to fix ftp file permissions, twice. (again ... :-) You just saying you did. ;-) > What ftp client do you use to upload sources? MC > Let me know and I'll see if it has some kind of umask command, > and if it has a startup file for that command. Heiko |
|
From: Bruce S. <bw...@ar...> - 2003-09-13 13:09:50
|
> > make[1]: Entering directory `/data/build/tmp/python-ldap-20011022' > > cd Modules && make srcdir=/data/build/tmp/python-ldap-20011022/Modules > > VPATH=/data/build/tmp/python-ldap-20011022/Modules > > make[2]: Entering directory `/data/build/tmp/python-ldap-20011022/Modules' > > i586-pc-linux-gnu-gcc -pthread -fPIC -DNDEBUG -g -O3 -Wall > > -Wstrict-prototypes > > -I/data/build/tmp/Python-install/usr/include/python2.3 > > -I/data/build/tmp/Python-install/usr/lib/python2.3/config @DEFS@ -I. > > -DLDAP_REFERRALS -I/data/build/tmp/openldap-1.2.13/include -c > > /data/build/tmp/python-ldap-20011022/Modules/./LDAPObject.c -o > > ./LDAPObject.o > > i586-pc-linux-gnu-gcc: cannot specify -o with -c or -S and multiple > > compilations > > make[2]: *** [LDAPObject.o] Error 1 > > make[2]: Leaving directory > > `/data/build/tmp/python-ldap-20011022/Modules' > > make[1]: *** [_ldapmodule-build] Error 2 > > make[1]: Leaving directory `/data/build/tmp/python-ldap-20011022' > > ERROR > > /data/build/scripts/python-ldap build failed > > make: *** [build] Error 1 > > Strange, that should not have happened. It does, on two different systems. (both with new lfssystems) I've unselected it in the mean time. - BS |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2003-09-13 13:20:28
|
Bruce Smith wrote: >>>make[1]: Entering directory `/data/build/tmp/python-ldap-20011022' >>>cd Modules && make srcdir=/data/build/tmp/python-ldap-20011022/Modules >>>VPATH=/data/build/tmp/python-ldap-20011022/Modules >>>make[2]: Entering directory `/data/build/tmp/python-ldap-20011022/Modules' >>>i586-pc-linux-gnu-gcc -pthread -fPIC -DNDEBUG -g -O3 -Wall >>>-Wstrict-prototypes >>>-I/data/build/tmp/Python-install/usr/include/python2.3 >>>-I/data/build/tmp/Python-install/usr/lib/python2.3/config @DEFS@ -I. >>>-DLDAP_REFERRALS -I/data/build/tmp/openldap-1.2.13/include -c >>>/data/build/tmp/python-ldap-20011022/Modules/./LDAPObject.c -o >>>./LDAPObject.o >>>i586-pc-linux-gnu-gcc: cannot specify -o with -c or -S and multiple >>>compilations >>>make[2]: *** [LDAPObject.o] Error 1 >>>make[2]: Leaving directory >>>`/data/build/tmp/python-ldap-20011022/Modules' >>>make[1]: *** [_ldapmodule-build] Error 2 >>>make[1]: Leaving directory `/data/build/tmp/python-ldap-20011022' >>>ERROR >>>/data/build/scripts/python-ldap build failed >>>make: *** [build] Error 1 >> >>Strange, that should not have happened. > > > It does, on two different systems. (both with new lfssystems) > > I've unselected it in the mean time. Can you create a bug report on SF ? I won't have time today and probably forgett it until tomorrow. ;-) Heiko |
|
From: Bruce S. <bw...@ar...> - 2003-09-19 20:01:07
|
> > Also, I had to fix ftp file permissions, twice. (again ... :-) > > You just saying you did. ;-) Again ... :-) UPDATING from Devil-Linux FTP-Server Frankfurt (M)/Germany Transferring file `camsource-0.7.0.tar.bz2' mirror: Access failed: 550 camsource-0.7.0.tar.bz2: Permission denied Transferring file `jpegsrc.v6b.tar.gz' mirror: Access failed: 550 jpegsrc.v6b.tar.gz: Permission denied Transferring file `libxml2-2.5.11.tar.gz' mirror: Access failed: 550 libxml2-2.5.11.tar.gz: Permission denied Mirroring directory `perl-ext' Total: 2 directories, 284 files, 0 symlinks New: 3 files, 0 symlinks Fixed. > > What ftp client do you use to upload sources? > > MC > > > Let me know and I'll see if it has some kind of umask command, > > and if it has a startup file for that command. Unfortunately the FTP _server_ doesn't understand the umask command. So, it's not going do any good to investigate how to do it in MC. :-( ncftp /pub/devel/sources > umask 022 umask 600: server said: 'SITE UMASK' not understood. - BS |
|
From: Heiko Z. <he...@zu...> - 2003-09-20 00:56:43
|
Bruce Smith wrote: >>>Also, I had to fix ftp file permissions, twice. (again ... :-) >> >>You just saying you did. ;-) > > > Again ... :-) > > UPDATING from Devil-Linux FTP-Server Frankfurt (M)/Germany > Transferring file `camsource-0.7.0.tar.bz2' > mirror: Access failed: 550 camsource-0.7.0.tar.bz2: Permission denied > Transferring file `jpegsrc.v6b.tar.gz' > mirror: Access failed: 550 jpegsrc.v6b.tar.gz: Permission denied > Transferring file `libxml2-2.5.11.tar.gz' > mirror: Access failed: 550 libxml2-2.5.11.tar.gz: Permission denied > Mirroring directory `perl-ext' > Total: 2 directories, 284 files, 0 symlinks > New: 3 files, 0 symlinks > > Fixed. I was sure I checked it this time. aaargh :-(( >>>What ftp client do you use to upload sources? >> >>MC >> >> >>>Let me know and I'll see if it has some kind of umask command, >>>and if it has a startup file for that command. > > > Unfortunately the FTP _server_ doesn't understand the umask command. > So, it's not going do any good to investigate how to do it in MC. :-( > > ncftp /pub/devel/sources > umask 022 > umask 600: server said: 'SITE UMASK' not understood. I think I'll write a script to upload files.....but not today Heiko |