> >"menuconfig" has said that grsecurity breaks XFS (for a long time).
> >
> >Is that still true? If so, is that something that can be fixed?
> >Or is it something we just have to live with?
> >
> > Just wondering ... BS
>
> The patches are incompatible.
No problem. I was just double checking to make sure that hadn't
been fixed at some time, and it never made it into menuconfig.
> But I check from time to time the grsecurity website. It looks like some
> people do the work of merging those 2.
> You find reference in the forum.
> topic: http://forums.grsecurity.net/viewtopic.php?t=367
> patches: http://deus.et.tudelft.nl/~sleight/patches/
Reading that thread did NOT give me a warm-fuzzy feeling.
I got the _impression_ that the people merging the patches are
not experienced kernel programmers. (but I could be wrong)
I'd rather have the two options mutually exclusive, instead of a
kernel which may not be totally stable.
> It just came out a new XFS version (1.3.0), the Kernel 2.4.22 is almost
> ready and grsecurity 1.9.12 is also in the pipe.
> All those things made me wait.
More good reasons to wait. :-)
> But you're more then welcome to try it out or start implementing it.
Nah, I'll wait too.
We know it'll be fixed by the time the 2.6 kernel comes out. :-)
(since XFS is going into the stock kernel).
It can wait for 2.6, as far as I'm concerned.
- BS
|