On 01/05/2004 10:27:36 AM t.tait wrote:
>> > Looks like 1.1 has some revamped build methods,
>>
>> Yes, a little. :-)
>>
>> > I guess the build order
>> > is now done automatically via the dependencies list in the scripts?
>>
>> Yes, it uses the "Required-Start/Provides/Default-Start" stuff.
>>
>> > But how is a new package added to the menus?
>>
>> That hasn't changed. Are you familiar with the old method?
>>
>> > Also, is there really a need for a .configure file for each package?
>> > And does the makefile need all those options? The package in
>question
>> > (<http://thekelleys.org.uk/dnsmasq/>) has a very simple makefile
>that
>> > seems to compile by itself just fine....
>>
>> That has nothing to do with DL. It depends on the package itself.
>> Some packages come with a ./configure file, some don't. Some have
>> different instructions to build and install the package. You have
>> to write the script to match the package install instructions.
>>
>> - BS
>
>I've forgotten how I got it into the menus before:) I lost that lfs
>tree during some gyrations with my build system:( I added the line into
>the build/.config file, but I'm sure thats not all it needs. I also
>need to do the insserv thing when setup on target too. Thanks-
It's best just to execute "make prepare" to get the scripts re-ordered.
For the configuration part, take a look into build/scripts/configuration
and build/scripts/configuration/help
Heiko
|