I noticed that I can browse a table by selecting Help > Insert "select * from " and then double-clicking on the table name in the schema browser (or just typing all that into the sql text area). I find myself browsing tables a lot and was wondering if there is a shortcut to performing this? I could envision right-clicking on the table in the schema browser or some sort of "Browse tables" option, if that seemed appropriate.
Thanks for this awesome db tool!
Currently, the quickest way to do this is:
- Press Ctrl+S - which will insert 'select * from '
- Press Alt+Enter - which will open the schema browser
- Start typing the first letters of the table name - the selection will change and jump to the desired table
- Press Enter - the table name will be copied to the editor and the schema browser will be closed
- Press Ctrl+Enter - the query is executed
To browse a second table:
- Select or delete the tablename in the editor
- Repeat from second step above
Thanks-it's definitely nice to be able to completely use keyboard shortcuts for the queries. Does save some time compared with going back and forth among the menus/tree.
Log in to post a comment.
Sign up for the SourceForge newsletter:
You seem to have CSS turned off.
Please don't fill out this field.