Welcome to Open Discussion

2008-04-13
2013-04-22
  • Nobody/Anonymous

Welcome to Open Discussion

• doas777

doas777 - 2008-05-22

Howdy,

Your plugin looks pretty kool, so I'll give it a try. I am curious however, how it is that the investigative arms of the *IAAs are targeting the aggregators?

for instance, when i have azureus closed, peerguardian is silent, but as soon as I open it up, MediaSentry and all the others start knocking on my torrent port. There was not an aggregator involved in that session (I downloaded the queued torrents yesterday or whatever), so this is why I ask.

It's likely I'm just misunderstanding the problem, but I am curious, so if you have any thoughts or links, by all means let me know.

Thanks, and keep up the good work,
      Franklin

• Bernard Wong

Bernard Wong - 2008-05-23

Hi Franklin,

The goal of Cubit is to decentralize torrent aggregator sites such as Supernova or Pirate Bay, as they are the last centralized and vulnerable component to the BitTorrent protocol. Many of these sites have faced or are facing legal actions from MPAA:

http://news.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=08/05/09/033233&from=rss

By offering fast approximate keyword search in Cubit, we are hoping to replace centralized aggregators while keeping the same search functionalities that we have grown accustomed to.

Bernard