Menu

LOTW support

ha5di
2008-08-28
2013-04-25
  • ha5di

ha5di - 2008-08-28

Just came across CQRLOG and it looks really a promissing LINUX LOG program, the best what I have seen (not too much of cource).

What I'm missing is a LOTW support and contest logging. I know it is less then one year old....

Regards... Béla, HA5DI

P.S.: Tried on SLAX 6.0.7 live system.

• Art Salhoff

Art Salhoff - 2008-09-01

>What I'm missing is a LOTW support and contest logging.

I vote for LoTW but against contest logging :)

Contest logging is entirely different task and requires entirely different approach.

• Petr Hlozek

Petr Hlozek - 2008-09-07

Hello,

I'd like to add LoTW support in 0.6.0 version of CQRLOG.

73! Petr, OK2CQR

• Art Salhoff

Art Salhoff - 2008-09-08

Petr, when you start working on LoTW support, please implement it as it is done in Logger32.

First of all, Logbook has following  fields, according to ADIF standard.

LOTW_QSLRDATE      Date  date QSL received from ARRL Logbook of the World
      LOTW_QSLSDATE     Date date QSL sent to ARRL Logbook of the World
      LOTW_QSL_RCVD     Enumeration     ARRL Logbook of the World QSL received status
      LOTW_QSL_SENT     Enumeration ARRL Logbook of the World QSL sent status

Then, I can manually set required flags for every QSO, like "Send LoTW QSL". Then, based on that flags,  I can export LoTW file to ADI format for signing and uploading it.

Then I can download and import LoTW confirmations from LoTW website into L32. The file is in ADI standard too. When all confirmations imported, in Awards menu I have an option what combination should be used for awards tracking, like "paper cards only", "LoTW confirmations only", or "Paper+LoTW" should be counted. Very useful.

One more thing, when I import ADI log, say a contest log, I have an import option of setting a "Mark every QSO for exporting into LoTW file" flag, so when my contest log is imported, I can automatically export them all to LoTW.

Same about QSOs I manually enter into log in my day-by-day operation, I also have an option to mark them all automaticazlly for being marked for exporting to LoTW file so I dont have to bother manually marking them if I want to export them to LoTW. 

• ha5di

ha5di - 2008-09-12

> Contest logging is entirely different task and requires entirely different approach. 

Depends on. I'm not talking about a program for heavy contesters with multiple seats, radios used by top 5 WW winners. I'm talking about basic contest features for an average single op station participating in a contest for fun. Something similar as offered by UCXLOG.

Béla, HA5DI

• Dave

Dave - 2009-01-19

I agree that contest logging would be a good addition. I would also like to see a few fields added to save things like FISTS or SKCC contacts that can be searched for the purpose of tracking those. I have a Windows logging program that has contest modes, user defined fields and very advanced search functions. I'd like to see it matched so that I can pretty much ditch the Windows system, or least ignore it.