Menu

differences between 1.72 and 1.73

2016-04-14
2016-05-14
  • Bill Torpey

Bill Torpey - 2016-04-14

Hi (again):

At the risk of seeming pedantic, I recently started using the 1.73 release, and I notice that I'm missing some warnings that I used to get:

nsb/api/include/SecurityMasterSubscriber.h:180 -> nsb/api/include/SecurityMasterSubscriber.h:137    (style inconclusive) The typedef 'SecurityMap' hides a typedef with the same name. 
    nsb/api/include/SecurityMasterSubscriber.h:63 -> nsb/api/include/SecurityMasterSubscriber.h:34    (style inconclusive) The typedef 'StringVector' hides a typedef with the same name.
    nsb/api/include/cfgdata.h:17 -> nsb/api/msgs/core-messaging.h:350    (style inconclusive) The typedef 'BusIdList' hides a typedef with the same name.
    nsb/api/include/configParser.h:28 -> nsb/api/msgs/core-messaging.h:350    (style inconclusive) The typedef 'BusIdList' hides a typedef with the same name.
    nsb/plugins/transformPlugins/ccgTransform/ccgTransform.cpp:150    (style) Variable 'giveup' is assigned a value that is never used.
    nsb/plugins/transformPlugins/ccgTransform/ccgTransform.cpp:318    (style) Unused variable: msg

FWIW, these were not false positives.

I did notice in release notes for 1.73 that:

Removed checks:
    - Checks for variables hiding enums or typedefs have been removed

However, in the warnings llisted it was not a variable, but another (duplicate) typedef that hides the original typedef. That is clearly a bug, and I would certainly like to be notified of those going forward.

Is this intended behavior? Or is there some way to get that warning back?

What about the other missing warnings? Am I doing something wrong here?

Thanks again for all your help!

Last edit: Bill Torpey 2016-04-14
    • Daniel Marjamäki

those last 2 warnings looks interesting. Can you show some reduced code?

• Alexander Mai

Alexander Mai - 2016-05-06

The check variableHidingTypedef has been removed completly. So there is no switch/flag to bring it back.