I try to compile the Common C++ 1.1.1 on my XP today by
BCB 6. But several issues I have got.
Please, see attached patch that I am commenting below.
1. Sequence of the standart header and namespacing in
the fifo.cpp calls the compilation-time errors in the
<sys/types.h> and other system headers. Simple changes
in the fifo.cpp makes compilation clear.
2. Some minor issue in the numbers.cpp in the
realization of the += and -= operators. I think the
'value' variable on the left-side must be 'long'
instead of 'const long'
3. Serial.cpp has been included undefined constants
(this affects while compilation by MSVC6.0)
INVALID_FILE_HANDLE. I have read MSDN and catched
INVALID_HANDLE_VALUE return code for CreateFile().
4. thread.h has non-standart definition checking in
preprocessor code like #if _MSC_VER < 1300 when
_MSC_VER is undefined.
In this case _MSC_VER = 0 and this checking returns true.
I propose to change this to following sentence
#if defined(_MSC_VER) && _MSC_VER < 1300
that is true.
5. missing.h has compile-time errors under BCB due to
absence types and time related functions.
I just have added following into header
6. install.bat in the w32 directory looks no good for
I can not define the directory like "%XXX%/MY" if I
have defined it like set XXX="YYY" previously.
Due to above, main library files is not copied to MSVC
7. Also, I have added correct Makefile.bcc for the BCB
6 (as well as for BCB 5).