I ran Console once successfully. As part of this first run, I set my shell to be Console.exe. (I understand why this was stupid.) I also changed other settings such as window/text color and window size. Upon running Console.exe a second time, it spawned a seemingly unlimited number of processes, all of which instantly crashed with a runtime library error -- at least 56 processes, though of course I started killing them as they arose. This is repeatable even after restart.
My guess is that this is a result of Console.exe trying to launch itself as its default shell. I cannot, however, find where Console stores this information on my machine so that I can delete it. I have deleted and re-unzipped the binaries, and deleted the console.xml file. I have searched the Registry and come up with nothing obvious. I do not know how to correct this issue.
Log in to post a comment.