Thomas E. Reed - 2002-10-24

Okay. I've followed the instructions in the previous post. I've managed to "populate" the database named "cyface" with the various fields. phpMyAdmin shows this.

I've tried the password combination used previously. (Interesting that it requires a password but doesn't ask for it at any time, but I digress.) I've tried several password combinations, including spaces and no character at all. No go.

Every time I browse to the ConMaster page, I get the following message: "No table or action/Invalid action/Failed." Which tells me that whatever entity is supposed to see the database...isn't.

Unfortunately, our February convention is approaching. We do not have the time to implement ConMaster5 with any degree of certainty. We will be forced to use the old 4D version, which is awkward, limited to one terminal and hard for our less experienced people to use.

Mr. White, if you could send me your phone number in a regular e-mail to my address, tomreed@sundial.net, I would like to contact you and talk through some of this stuff. I'd be glad to contact you at any time that's convenient for you.

Alternately, if there is some way you could get an entire working package from a Win98 SE machine, all configured and ready to run,  and copy it onto a CD-ROM, so I could drop it onto my hard drive and have a working copy, I would be glad to provide some reasonable compensation.

I was all prepared to vent my frustrations about this, but that would do neither of us any good. Whatever help you can provide, at this late date, would be greatly appreciated.