Menu

How to input the shipping charge?

John Wang
2004-03-21
2013-05-02
  • John Wang

John Wang - 2004-03-21

Hi,
    When we create an order, we need to specify the shipping charge, and then the total amount should be the product cost + shipping cost + tax. I couldn't find the place in order form to input the shipping charge, could someone tell me how to do it?
    Thanks a lot.

• Kathy Pink

Kathy Pink - 2004-03-22

You can either define a Charge for shipping or enter the desired amount

• Brian Schoenbaechler

User manual for ver 2.5.2f does not mention the charge field on the Sales Order.  As I understand it, you use the charge field and select shipping and the invoice will report the shiping charge off the  the price field.

How do you define other charges?
        How do the freight rules relate to shipping from the charge field?

Thanks,
        Brian  

• Colin Rooney

Colin Rooney - 2006-06-23

Brian,

re: how to define charges
          Performance Analysis->Accouting Rules

Or if you type charge in the yellow box bottom right of the menu ... you can search the menus.. just keep pressing return to skip through all menu options with the value you enetered ... in this case charge!

You will only be able to select "Shipping" from the charge in Sales Order if you set it up!

re: freight rules
          the freight rules on the header has as yet no functionality.  And charges are uneffected by freight.

Charges are really just a way of pointing to a GL without having a product!  And they're not specific to Sales Orders.  Search your manual for charges ... there is quiet a lot of entries ... you mustn't be reading very closely ;-)

colin

• Brian Schoenbaechler

Thank you very much.  This really helps.  Now that I know where this field points I can do more research.