Menu

Warehouse and organization

franceerp
2005-06-21
2013-05-02
  • franceerp

franceerp - 2005-06-21

Hi all,

Since a week, I ve worked hard on Compiere which is the most complete ERP on the market.

So, I don't understand why I could'nt affect 2 warehouse to one organization.

I have to manage many manufactures en France with 10 warehouse (different localizations)

How have I to do for resolve my subject ?

Thanks everyone

Bye

• Kathy Pink

Kathy Pink - 2005-06-21

you can have as many warehouses as you want for a single org.  Just define them

• franceerp

franceerp - 2005-06-22

Thank Kathy

Your quick answer give me trust on Compiere.

Ok I can affect many warehouses for a single org. So, i can't affect a single warehouse for many org.
      It's true ?

Bye

• Gerardo Camargo

Gerardo Camargo - 2005-06-22

Hi,

If you define a warehouse to level Organization=0, all the organizations can to use this warehouse, but if you define the warehouse for 1 organization, and your roles cant to access this organization, then this warehouse only will be used for roles that have permission to access this organization.

• franceerp

franceerp - 2005-06-22

thanks Gerardo,

I'm new in Open source world, it's quite good to get answer so quickly.

So, I 've tried many possibilities to create a warehouse with Organisation *. But i cannot select this warehouse with other organisation.

I have maybe made a mistake.
      How to define a warehouse to level organisaton = 0.

My user guide don't give any explaination about that

Thanks for your help

Bye

• Kathy Pink

Kathy Pink - 2005-06-22

A warehouse must be owned by an Org.  They cannot be shared between Orgs

• Qingyu Wang

Qingyu Wang - 2005-07-28

I have the same need: four organizations are sharing one warehouse, and one accounting book also.  Will one accounting book for many orgs a feasible structure? 

In oracle, I modified the org id into 0 for the warehouse and looks like the warehouse could be shared by all orgs.  I am not sure if this is a good solution as I have not created any orders/invoices yet.

Thanks.

Qingyu Wang
      Vancouver

• Trifon (An ADempiere founder)

Hi Qingyu,

Unfortunately when you try to create slaes order or other document you will fail, Compiere will complain about warehouse.

Regards,
        Trifon
        ------------
        Compiere freelancer
        Compilo developer

• Qingyu Wang

Qingyu Wang - 2005-08-22

Hi Trifon,

You are right.  I am now having the problem to create a sales order using a different organization.  So how to solve this problem?  In my structure, I have a PARENT ORG called HQ, which is purchasing products and receive to HQ Warehouse.  Then I have 4 sales departments, each as a CHILD ORG for HQ, selling products from the HQ warehouse.  Will this be a reasonable org structure?  How to set this up in compiere to all 4 sub orgs share the warehouse with their parent orgs?

Thanks a lot for the great help these days.  I have been setting up the system with big hope of success, and we are solving problems bit by bit.

Qingyu

• anurag

anurag - 2005-09-08

Qingyu any sucees on that?? please let me know if u have been able to solve that problem in compiere.

anurag

• Q Wang

Q Wang - 2005-09-15

Hi anurag,

I have no luck on this warehouse - org issue.  Looks like we have to do the inventory transfer between orgs in order to have different sub orgs to sell products and purchased by the headquarter org.  I was told that this feature will be considered in later releases...Please refer to the support request as follows:

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1277555&group_id=29057&atid=410216

Hope this helps. 

Or, you have some idea that could be shared? We need this very much...

Thanks.

• James Minney

James Minney - 2005-11-22

Looks like you are struggling with same question we are: HQ purchases, and different sales channels are allocated a certain amount of inventory but physically it's all in one warehouse.

We are planning to try resolving this by defining four logical warehouses which in the real world all map to the same physical warehouse.  Importantly, we will then NOT set the different sales channels as different Orgs.  Many reporting issues still to be worked out (basics like how to report sales per sales channel - maybe use Business Partner Group?) but this is the direction we are working in.

• albert

albert - 2005-11-23

Dear All:
      //----------------------------------
      Mark and follow line will be work..
      //----------------------------------
      MOrder.java and MIoOut.java same method..
      protected boolean beforeSave (boolean newRecord)
      //Warehouse Org
      /*
      if (newRecord || is_ValueChanged("AD_Org_ID") || is_ValueChanged("M_Warehouse_ID")){
      MWarehouse wh = MWarehouse.get(getCtx(), getM_Warehouse_ID());
      if (wh.getAD_Org_ID() != getAD_Org_ID()){
      log.saveError("WarehouseOrgConflict", "");
      return false;
      }
      }
      */
      //----------------------------------------------
      Different Warehouse will be mapping to Different ACCTTYPE_InvDifferences...
      //-----------------------------------------------
      Doc.java
      /** Inventory Accounts          */
      else if (AcctType == ACCTTYPE_InvDifferences){
      sql = "SELECT W_Differences_Acct FROM M_Warehouse_Acct WHERE M_Warehouse_ID=? AND C_AcctSchema_ID=?";
      para_1 = getM_Warehouse_ID();
      }

We are belive The Compiere is First one ERP you can trust .......

• Q Wang

Q Wang - 2005-11-23

cool

• albert

albert - 2005-11-24

Dear Canadian:
      Open Source ERP Customize Course will be open, all is free 200 hours make everything happen at Melbourne, for Postgraduate Ph.D. and Master student and who support University to run this Course from Canadian Dollars 100 or 1000.-

We believe the Compiere is First one ERP you can trust.. 

• JL_JL

JL_JL - 2006-04-13

Hi i am very new to ERP and compiere software ... does anyone can suggests to me on which way i can pick all these faster?

Can anyone define me wat is oraganisation ? is organisation refere to like store A, store B , HQ and etc ... ?
        Why one warehouse can not be share by many organisation?

• albert

albert - 2005-11-24

everything happen at <<Melbourne>>
      everything happen at Calgary, Alberta, Canada

• Q Wang

Q Wang - 2006-04-13

Previously in some older version, one warehouse could be shared by many orgs.  But in 252d as far as I know, a warehouse could only belong to one org.  This seems to be a bug and I am not sure if it has been resolved in 253 version...still waiting for the good news.  In terms of picking up this faster, I guess a good way is to install the system in your computer, and try to use it for your own busienss.  Just imagine you are doing a retail business and you have many departments to do many different jobs.  Each department could be an org.

• JL_JL

JL_JL - 2006-04-13

Hi qwang thks for the reply ,

that the case one warehouse will be shared by many org rite? how can i set that up ?
      I have just installed it and trying it
      dun really get the whole structure how can i make rules such as approval and etc..

• Marcos Medina

Marcos Medina - 2009-11-04

Hey could you get to share warehouse  between organizations.

• Marcos Medina

Marcos Medina - 2009-11-04

Hey could you get to share warehouse between organizations

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2009-11-17

For accounting purposes, a warehouse must be assigned to only one organization.