Menu

Problem in creating Table and TableLine

2008-10-16
2013-05-02
  • Asif Iqbal Syed

Asif Iqbal Syed - 2008-10-16

Hello,

I have been trying to create  Budget and BudgetLine table. I found there are two ways to do that. I would like to do almost same as forecast/forecastline table. Unfortunately, I am getting following warning in the C_Budget Table.

MLookupFactory.getLookup_TableDir: No Identifier records found: C_BUDGET_ID [13]
    MLookupFactory.getLookupInfo: No SQL - C_BUDGET_ID [13]
    GridField.loadLookup: (C_BUDGET_ID) - No LookupInfo [13]

However, I can create new record in Budget Window. When I click on BudgetLine window I see processing for unlimited time. Sometimes It gives null pointer exception.

Name field in C_Budget table is the Identifier. However, I can see the Budget field in BudgetLine is just document seq no.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

• stingreye

stingreye - 2008-10-16

I remember running into the same issue.  I can't remember exactly the problem but I think it might be related to foreign keys.

Did you create the foreign keys correctly?

I seem to remember needing to make sure that the primary key and foreign key were created in the DB.

I don't know if there is a way to do that in the application dictionary becuase usually I create all of my costraints and keys with Toad directly in Oracle.

• Asif Iqbal Syed

Asif Iqbal Syed - 2008-10-17

Thanks for th support. I found the problem. It is the Oracle Database name and the name I created from Data dictionary in Tables and Columns. My oracle db table name are C_BUDGET AND C_BUDGETLINE while when I created in data dictionary I created the names like C_Budget and C_BudgetLine. Therefore , LookupDisplayColumn in file MLookFactory.java was null. Because TableName did not match with DB TableName.

I am using Oracle Enterprise manager 10g.

Thanks

• Kathy Pink

Kathy Pink - 2008-10-16

IN 3.1 and later you can define constraints and FK in the data dictionary