Menu

Compiere Viability

regenbauma
2008-11-14
2013-05-02
  • regenbauma

regenbauma - 2008-11-14

Im keen to get feedback on the general "state of the industry" ... We are a 50+ person software development company with MS and JAVA certifications . Being an active user of open source technologies in my perosnal capacity for many years, I am now investigating the viability of adding an open source capability to outr Company by potentially signing on the be a Compiere partner.  While we read whatever the tech rags tell us is happening out there, and my gut feel tells me that this is a good move, but im keen to get some feedback from you folks... that have been down this path ....
    a) is it true that SMB organizations are eventually embracing/considering  commercial open source platforms as viable options
    b) are the cost savings of open source truly being realized through commercial open source deployments
    c)  are selling cycles for commercial open source and different to those of Dynamics et al.
    d) are there any red flags that you care to share.

With thanks

• Adhitya

Adhitya - 2008-12-04

Hi Regenbauma,

My company is Compiere Authorized Partner for Indonesia and Malaysia region, and I like to help you decide in becoming Compiere partner or not.

a) For today business where every proprietary ERP solution are rising up, most SMB organization will automatically try to find a better solution for their corporate system. And as from my point of view and my experience many SMB are looking this way (commercial open source platform).
      b) Yup.
      c) Can you explain a little bit more about what you asked?
      d) Sure, just contact me personally. I will gladly help you

Best regards

Adhitya Rachman