Menu

sphinxtrain - Configuration not defined - linux

Help
2018-01-09
2018-01-16
  • Guilherme Jordao

I'm trying to create an acoustic model in brazilian portuguese, but I'm not able to train my model. Always the same problem

Running training
    Configuration (e.g. ./etc/sphinx_train.cfg) not defined
    Compilation failed in require at /usr/local/lib/sphinxtrain/scripts/000.comp_feat/slave_feat.pl line 51
    BEGIN failed --compilation aborted at /usr/local/lib/sphinxtrain/scripts/000.comp_feat/slave_feat.pl line 51

anyone has any tips for me?

• Nickolay V. Shmyrev

You probably miss setup step or you corrupted sphinx_train.cfg file while editing

• Guilherme Jordao

I'll try again tomorrow. Maybe there is any relation with me using a VM to do this?

• Nickolay V. Shmyrev

Maybe there is any relation with me using a VM to do this?

Definitely not. Such errors appear when you are not careful enough.

• Guilherme Jordao

I only need to change the one on the myproject/etc/sphinx_train.cfg or do I also need to alter the one in /usr/local/lib/sphinxtrain/etc/sphinx_train.cfg ?? I believe I only need to alter the first one, but it seems odd.

~~edit~~ forget about it, just saw that the second one is [Read-Only]

Last edit: Guilherme Jordao 2018-01-10
  • Guilherme Jordao

ok, just updating here, when I train my model with the standard sphinx_train.cfg that is generated with sphinxtrain -t "myProject" setup, it runs, but with several errors, but that was expected because it wasn't with my especifications, but everytime I edit sphinx_train.cfg the file gets corrupted somehow or I mess up something, it's very odd.

I'll keep this updated

• Nickolay V. Shmyrev

Use better editor.

• Guilherme Jordao

ok, so all the process run fine until MODULE:DECODE.

I was reading here ( https://sourceforge.net/p/cmusphinx/discussion/help/thread/518d9ceb/?limit=25#ffde ) and it seems that the texts used to train the LM must have '' and '' with them.

My texts had that, but I still have this error (this is the log file) :
    INFO: ngram_model_trie.c(354): Trying to read LM in trie binary format
    ERROR: "ngram_search.c", line 206: Language model/set does not contain , recognition will fail
    FATAL: "batch.c", line 822: PocketSphinx decoder init failed

does it has something to do with pocketsphinx_batch??

• Nickolay V. Shmyrev

You can open lm arpa file with a text editor to check that required tags are really present.

• Guilherme Jordao

Are you saying that every single word must be involved by tags?

like this:
        -5.6113 amanda -0.1650

The model on the web site doesn't have the tags on every word, just some.

• Nickolay V. Shmyrev

Are you saying that every single word must be involved by tags?

No

• Guilherme Jordao

can you take a look at my language model please??
    I trained again yesterday and it fails the decoding process but it keeps training. I'm going to rebuild my lm, because I believe that it's the problem.

• Nickolay V. Shmyrev

The LM is not quite correct, there are multiple things you ignored in tutorial, read it again and use srilm.

• Guilherme Jordao

yeah, that's what I was afraid of...

I tested the results with pocketsphinx_continuous using my lm.bin, my dic and my -hmm generated in model_paramethers and I got very bad results.

I'm going to use this mostly for hotword detection and I'm will transfer those files to my raspberry pi to how it will perform, but I'm going to be training another lm to use instead of this.

I found the "building a language model" tutorial a bit confusing, but I'll try again.

I tried to use SRILM but I had problems with the download.

• Guilherme Jordao

the model does not work on my raspberry pi.
          I got an error, but i changed the feat.params file and edited the cmn to "current".

• Guilherme Jordao

I finnaly was able to download and use SRILM to create a new LM, but it generated a LM file of almost 150MB. Was this supposed to happen?

• Nickolay V. Shmyrev

Language models are usually large. You can prune them to reduce size.

• Guilherme Jordao

update

It worked better than the last time, but there are a lot of errors yet.

37% correct and 63% errors

But I believe that this happened because I do not have enought training data, but that's fine by now. My question is: Is this going to work on Raspberry Pi3 to detect a hotword?

until the end of the day I'm going to upload the files and post the URL here

Last edit: Guilherme Jordao 2018-01-16
    • Nickolay V. Shmyrev

For simple hotword detection on Raspberry Pi it is better to use neural networks, something like

https://github.com/castorini/honk

• Guilherme Jordao

I'm going to read about this, thx!