Menu

Error under training

Help
2016-01-13
2016-01-16
  • Andreas Ravndal

Andreas Ravndal - 2016-01-13

ok, so I get this error when training:
    MODULE: 90 deleted interpolation (2016-01-13 15:54)
    Phase 1: Cleaning up directories: logs...
    Phase 2: Doing interpolation...
    delint Log File
    ERROR: This step had 1 ERROR messages and 0 WARNING messages. Please check the log file for details.
    completed

This is what my log file shows:
    ERROR: "model_def_io.c", line 413: Unable to open /home/andreas/Documents/Taledatabase/model_architecture/try1.200.mdef for reading: No such file or directory

When I look in this folder myself I see a file named try1.200.ci.mdef, so I think I have something set up wrong in my cfg file. I can't figure out why it's looking for try1.200.mdef and not try1.200.ci.mdef.

• Nickolay V. Shmyrev

The message says "Please check the log file for details.". Please check them or provide logdir folder. You can pack it into archive.

• Andreas Ravndal

I checked the log file for details:
        ERROR: "model_def_io.c", line 413: Unable to open /home/andreas/Documents/Taledatabase/model_architecture/try1.200.mdef for reading: No such file or directory...
        My problem is that I don understand why it is looking for try1.200.mdef and not try1.200.ci.mdef.
        The logdir and cfg file is in the post below. I would be grateful if you took a look :)

• Andreas Ravndal

Here is my cfg file and logdir

Last edit: Andreas Ravndal 2016-01-13
    • Nickolay V. Shmyrev

Since you disabled cd training you need to change

$DEC_CFG_MODEL_NAME = "$CFG_EXPTNAME.cd_${CFG_DIRLABEL}_${CFG_N_TIED_STATES}";

to

$DEC_CFG_MODEL_NAME = "$CFG_EXPTNAME.ci_${CFG_DIRLABEL}";

I recommend you to enable CD training.

• Andreas Ravndal

Thanks! May I ask why I should use context-depentend and not context-independent models? What is the difference between these two?

Last edit: Andreas Ravndal 2016-01-13
      • Andreas Ravndal

So I tried what you said and I still get the same error:
        **Unable to open /home/andreas/Documents/Taledatabase/model_architecture/try1.200.mdef for reading: No such file or directory

Do you have any other suggestion to what might be wrong?

• Nickolay V. Shmyrev

I see you are training semi-continuous context-independent model. Train continuous model, revert to default values of configuration variables.

• Andreas Ravndal

Andreas Ravndal - 2016-01-15

I have now tried training a continous model with default values(except 16khz because I'm using 8khz sample rate on my audiofiles) and I get this error:

MODULE: 20 Training Context Independent models
      Phase 1: Cleaning up directories:
      accumulator...logs...qmanager...models...
      Phase 2: Flat initialize
      Phase 3: Forward-Backward
      ERROR: Training failed in iteration 1.

which I don't understand starts at all, because the context-dependent model is set to yes and independent to no.
      Here is the error that is written in the logfile:

ERROR: "main.c", line 421: # of codebooks in mean/var files, 186, inconsistent with ts2cb mapping 174
      FATAL: "main.c", line 1846: initialization failed
      Fri Jan 15 17:14:29 2016

• Nickolay V. Shmyrev

The following phones are duplicated in your phone file, you need to remove duplicates.

K
        UH0
        UH1
        UH2

• Andreas Ravndal

Andreas Ravndal - 2016-01-15

wow, how could I have missed out on that one... Thanks for your help!
          But a new error came up under the decoding part:

ERROR: "ngram_search.c", line 206: Language model/set does not contain </s>, recognition will fail

Why does it search for </s> in my language model? Does this mean that there may be something wrong with my transcription file? Or do I have to use <s> and </s> in the corpus that i train my language model on?

Last edit: Andreas Ravndal 2016-01-15
          • Nickolay V. Shmyrev

Why does it search for in my language model?

It is mandatory

Or do I have to use and in the corpus that i train my language model on?

Yes